2-Year Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of Konstanz in Germany are open apply now. The University of Konstanz is offering 2-year postdoctoral fellowships for all those in the early stage of their career who plan to develop and implement an independent research project. The Zukunftskolleg gives financial support for start-up, consumerables and travel costs, and assists in developing academic skills.
The Zukunftskolleg provides them with a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. Each fellow receives an annual research allowance, e.g. for funding research assistants or equipment.
Each fellow is a member of both a university department and the Zukunftskolleg. Fellows have a work contract with the University of Konstanz and are expected to have their place of residence in Konstanz.
2-Year Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of Konstanz in Germany Description:
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study postdoctoral fellowship.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The research grant of at least 50,000€ or an equivalent amount of funding is one of the main prerequisites for the application for a 5-year position.
- Nationality: The scholarship is available to international students.
- Number of scholarship: Number not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the 2-Year Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of Konstanz in Germany:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to international students
- Entrance Requirement: In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfil all eligibility criteria:
- applicants must have a doctoral degree and have acquired two years of postdoctoral research experience at most
- applicants cannot hold an academic permanent position, a professorship, or have a habilitation or equivalent (“venial legend”)
- applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz
- applicants with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible
- If you have any questions concerning the eligibility criteria, please check our
2-Year Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of Konstanz in Germany Application Procedure
- How to Apply: The applications are selected in a multi-stage process
- Eligibility check and pre-selection
- International external peer-review
- The decision by the recruitment committee
- Since it is the community of fellows that make up the Zukunftskolleg, applicants are assessed not only for their academic achievements but also for their personal, social and method-related abilities. The selection of fellows is organized as a highly competitive process involving intra-disciplinary as well as interdisciplinary evaluation. Criteria
- Include diverse knowledge and qualifications such as leadership and teamwork skills, teaching or management experience, mobility and independence.
- The candidates’ achievements should be in line with their “academic age” so that they have a realistic prospect of being appointed professors.
- Eligibility check and formal pre-selection
- In order to be eligible for application, candidates must fulfil all of the eligibility criteria listed above. Applications that do not pass the eligibility check will not be further considered. Subsequently, a first evaluation takes the quality of the proposal, the applicant’s track record, and the suitability of the research proposal to the University of Konstanz into consideration.
- Applicants are informed whether they have passed the eligibility check and whether their applications are forwarded for peer review.