These scholarships are open to continuing undergraduate students at the University of Adelaide who wish to undertake a six-week research project at the University of Adelaide over the 2018-19 summer vacation.
The aim of the Scholarship is to foster an interest in research by eligible students who might not otherwise have considered a career requiring an Honours Degree or Higher Degree by Research.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research.
60 Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships in Australia Description:
- Applications Deadline: October 28, 2018
- Course Level: This is a summer research scholarship to undertake a six-week research project at the University of Adelaide over the 2018-19 summer vacation.
- Study Subject: Please see below for a list of available research projects within the Faculty’s Schools and Research Centres. Details of the specific project you are applying for are required on your application form. Applications will be open from Monday 16 July 2018.
- Australian School of Petroleum
- School of Chemical Engineering – available projects to be confirmed
- School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering – available projects to be confirmed
- School of Computer Science
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Mechanical Engineering – available projects to be confirmed
- TRC Mathematical Modelling
- The value of the living allowance of the Scholarship is usually $1200, paid at $400 per fortnight for the six-week period of the research project.
- Tax payments are not usually deducted from these payments. Recipients of the scholarship are responsible for seeking advice from the Australian Taxation Office regarding the status of the scholarship with regard to taxation.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 60 Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships are available at the University of Adelaide each year.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the 60 Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships in Australia:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students who have completed at least two years (48 units) of their undergraduate program, at a standard acceptable level for admission to an Honours program, will be considered in the first instance.
- Students should ensure that an appropriate research project is available within their School.
- Australian citizens, permanent residents, or citizens of other countries and international students who hold current appropriate visas permitting study in Australia are eligible to apply for these Scholarships.
- In exceptional circumstances, students who have completed less than two years of study may be considered.
- Students who are in receipt of, or expect to receive any other summer or vacation scholarships over the 2018-2019 summer vacation (e.g. National Heart Foundation Summer Scholarship, Cancer Council Vacation scholarships) are not eligible for the Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships unless the other scholarship is for a separate research project.
English Language Requirements: The University’s preferred accredited English language tests are:
- IELTS(International English Language Testing System) – Academic Test
- TOEFL– internet based and paper based
- Pearson Test of English– Academic
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced).
However, the University may accept other evidence of proficiency in English in individual cases.
The majority of language tests and qualifications that meet the University’s minimum English requirements have a validity of two years preceding the date of application.
Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The University can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the University’s English Language Centre. The PEP Pathway provides an alternative entry pathway for prospective students who have received offers to the University of Adelaide conditional upon English proficiency. On successful completion of the PEP Pathway at the appropriate level, students are granted direct entry into the University.
How to Apply: Applicants must consult the staff of the relevant Faculty/School / Discipline in which they intend to undertake a project. The application form is available from scholarships website.