6th International Winter Course Human Rights and Asia at Seoul National University in Korea are open apply now. The Scholarships are available on offer for 6th International Winter Course Human Rights and Asia for the year 2019. This is a two weeks intensive course available for students from all around the world.
The Human Rights Center was established to make Seoul National University (SNU) a community where all members have mutual care and respect for one another. The Human Rights Center also focuses on educating and fostering a culture of respect in Seoul National University. In addition to the Sexual Assault Counseling Service, we conduct specialized training programs for each department to raise awareness on a wide range of human rights issues.
In order to be eligible Fluency in oral and written English is required.
6th International Winter Course Human Rights and Asia at Seoul National University in Korea Description
- Applications Deadline: October 12, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to study two weeks intensive course in Human Rights and Asia 2019. This course is designed for postgraduate students, junior researchers, activists, lawyers and national and international civil servants.
- Study Subject: The International Winter Course ‘Human Rights and Asia’ intends to allow participants to think about the universality of human rights in particular contexts of Asia and to gain a deepened understanding of human rights issues in this region.
- Scholarship Award: All selected participants will be provided for the following.
- Airfare (if applicable)
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- On-Campus accommodation (See 5 below.)
* We do not provide stipend, breakfast, dinner during the weekdays and meals during the weekend.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for students from all around the world.
- Number of Scholarships: About 20 participants will be selected.
- Scholarship can be taken in Korea
Eligibility for the 6th International Winter Course Human Rights and Asia at Seoul National University in Korea
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
This course is designed for postgraduate students, junior researchers, activists, lawyers and national and international civil servants from all countries around the world who demonstrate a high level of interest in human rights and Asia, and this year’s special theme, economic and social rights. The entire course is taught in English. Fluency in oral and written English is therefore required. The number of participants is limited to 20 and participants will be selected in a way to ensure the diversity within participants in terms of professional and academic background, region and field of interests. The selected participants will be expected to attend all the sessions throughout the course and actively contribute to discussions.
English Language Requirements: Fluency in oral and written English is required.
6th International Winter Course Human Rights and Asia at Seoul National University in Korea Application Procedure
How to Apply: Required Documents:
1) A Copy of Your Valid Passport (contain your photo)
2) Application Documents:
– Application form [Annex I]
– Motivation Letter [Annex II]
– Research/Advocacy Plan [Annex III]
– Article Review [Annex IV]
4) A Letter of Recommendation
Step 1. Complete the following Application Documents contained in the annexes below and save this document under the file name: [Family Name & Given Name – Application 2019.docx]
* Please be sure to use the form below. We do not accept the other forms.
Step 2. Save your CV under the file name: [Family Name & Given Name – CV 2019]
Step 3. Send all files (Application Documents, CV and, a Copy of your passport) to her-courses-at-snu.ac.kr with the subject line: [Family Name & Given Name – 2019]
Step 4. A Letter of Recommendation
– In the recommendation letter, the referee must indicate his/her full title, name, affiliated organization, and email address. The letter should be signed and sent personally as a PDF file to hr-courses-at-snu.ac.kr
– The name of the letter of recommendation file and the subject line of the e-mail should be [Family Name & Given Name of the Applicant – Recommendation 2019]. Please make sure the recommendation letter also meets the deadline below.
– Applicants must fill out the name of their referee in their application form.