Aboitiz scholarship are open apply now. Aboitiz Equity Ventures (Aboitiz scholarship), Inc. (AEV) believes that a good education is a powerful foundation that exceptional leadership is built on. AEV has created a scholarship program designed to support and inspire students to value, appreciate and make the most of their education.
Education remains at the forefront of the Aboitiz Group’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
Every year, the majority of our annual CSR budget are allocated to education-related initiatives to deliver on our promise of a better learning environment for our communities.
We develop special science elementary schools and technical vocational high schools, repair and construct regular classrooms, construct AGAPP Silid Pangarap kindergarten classrooms, and grant scholarships and financial assistance to deserving students. Through an Aboitiz BetterWorld, we help the youth realize their dreams.
As part of our commitment in developing future talents and leaders that will drive change for a better world, the Aboitiz College Scholarship Program (ACSP) continues to provide financial assistance, holistic learning and experience and exposure, and mentoring partnership to undergraduate students pursuing degrees related to Accountancy, Business / Management / Finance, Information Technology, Engineering, Communications and Social Sciences (Psychology, Economics and Political Science).
In partnership with the Department of Education (DepEd), we develop Special Science Elementary Schools (SSES) and Technical-Vocational(TechVoc) high schools. The SSES aligns with the government’s call for science-based skills specialization among young students because a strong foundation in the sciences is regarded as one of the building blocks of a progressive economy. The SSES curriculum is enriched Mathematics and Science studies, and gives longer teaching time for Science. Teachers are trained in specialized courses in math and the sciences. SSES students are given laboratory rooms, science apparatuses, and equipment, ICT-based learning resources, as well as science, math, english textbooks, and supplementary materials.
Tech-Voc offers an alternative solution to help about 80% of high school students who don’t have the means to pursue a college education. It will also aid the government’s K to 12 program by teaching skills that are viable for employment or for part-time work to support further studies. Aside from newly constructed or refurbished workshop rooms, Tech-Voc students are given reference books, tools, and equipment. Tech-Voc teachers receive training for NCII certification.
Financial assistance covers tuition and miscellaneous expenses, book requirements and transportation needs. The scholarship is renewable every semester, for as long as the student maintains the 85% GPA requirement (or its equivalent) and makes normal progress toward a degree.
Aboitiz scholarship Requirements
Aboitiz scholarship ELIGIBILITY
To qualify for the Scholarship Program, the applicant must:
- Be a full-time 1st to 4th year incoming student of an eligible college or university.
- Be pursuing a degree in Accountancy, Business / Management / Finance, IT, Engineering, Communications or Social Sciences (Psychology, Economics and Political Science);
- Have a final average grade / cumulative overall GPA not lower than 85% or its equivalent;
- Not have a failing or incomplete grade;
- Not have a record of any form of disciplinary action; and,
- Must have fully accomplished the online application form and submitted the requirements on time.
Aboitiz scholarship PROGRAM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The applicant must fully accomplish the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM on the given deadline.
The following are the attachments needed as you go through the form:
- For incoming 1st year applicants ONLY: a certified true copy of the applicant’s complete high school report card.
- For the incoming 2nd year to 4th-year college applicants ONLY: a certified true copy of the applicant’s college transcript for all undergraduate coursework, ending with the grades from the last semester of SY 2019 – 2019 (or the latest official document the school can provide).
- Certification from the School Principal or Registrar stating the final average grade (for incoming 1st-year applicants), or the overall cumulative GPA/GWA of the applicant (for incoming 2nd to 4th-year applicants).
- GPA/GWA certification should also include the percentage equivalent grade.
- Certifications supporting leadership experience, awards received, and community involvements.
Applicants will also be asked to provide details of their evaluator of choice – one from the academe and one from non-academe. A link will be sent to them for the recommendation form.
For more information regarding ACSP application requirements, screening, and selection timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit careers.aboitiz.com, or follow AboitizCareers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.