Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is inviting applications for Dissertation Completion Fellowship. Regular students of all doctoral studies and the PhD in Practice-Program of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna or of the University of Art and Design Linz can apply for the fellowship.
The Dissertation Completion Fellowship aims to support doctoral candidates in the finalization process of their doctoral theses or their PhD-projects, respectively.
Course Level: This is a six-month dissertation fellowship.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in fine arts.
Scholarship Award: The amount of the fellowship is EUR 1.000,– per month.
Number of Scholarships: Overall, seven fellowships for six months each can be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for Academy of Fine Arts Vienna Dissertation Completion Fellowships:
- Regular students (“ordentliche Studierende”) of all doctoral studies of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna or of the University of Art and Design Linz can apply for the fellowship.
- The applicants should convincingly convey that the successful finalization of the dissertation or the PhD-project is possible during the fellowship.
- The expected quality of the dissertation or the PhD-Project is a central criterion in the selection process.
Nationality: Citizens of Austria are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via email. Application Documents
- Completed application form
- Current “Studienblatt”
- Signed dissertation / PhD project agreement
- CV, including a list of publications or a list of artwork and an art portfolio, respectively
- Abstract of the dissertation or the PhD-project
- Exposé of the dissertation or the PhD-project (10 pages max.)
- Detailed work plan and time plan for the completion of the dissertation or the PhD-project, including the planned date of completion. It has to be convincingly conveyed that the dissertation or the PhD-project can be completed during the fellowship.
- (Preliminary) table of contents of the dissertation or project outline of the arts-based PhD-project
- Existing parts of the dissertation or the PhD-project, like e.g. completed chapters, a video project, the documentation of a performance, etc.
- Furthermore, a letter of recommendation of the supervisor is necessary, which particularly addresses the following aspects: scientific/artistic qualification of the applicant expected the quality of the dissertation or the PhD-project, as well as an assessment whether the completion of the PhD is feasible within the indicated time frame.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 19, 2019.