The Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) is offering “Internet and Society” Fellowship to study in Berlin, Germany. The HIIG provides a dynamic intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research interests and actively shape their stay.
The “Internet and Society” fellowship is internationally focused and offers a unique opportunity for innovative thinkers who wish to engage in the exchange of research experiences and to set up new initiatives.
HIIG is a publicly and privately funded independent research institute whose work complies with scientific quality standards and transparency rules. The Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) researches the development of the internet from a societal perspective. The aim is to better understand the digitalization of all spheres of life. As the first institute in Germany to focus on internet and society, HIIG has established an understanding that emphasizes the embeddedness of digital innovations in societal processes.
“Internet and Society” Research Fellowship Germany Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 1, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: For our 2019 class of fellows, we consider applicants who want to pursue topics that fall within one of our research programmes. Please read the information on each of the linked websites closely, and position yourself and/or your project within the programme that best suits you.
- The evolving digital society: concepts, discourses, structures
- Data, actors, infrastructures: The Governance of data-driven innovation and cyber security
- Learning, knowledge, innovation: The change in knowledge production, organization, and transfer through digital innovation.
- Scholarship Award: Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, they are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and travel arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the “Internet and Society” Research Fellowship Germany:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree, Ph.D. in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced Ph.D., post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have fluency in English; command of German is appreciated.
Application Procedure for “Internet and Society” Research Fellowship Germany:
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including A) your project, and how it responds to one of the research programmes, B) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, C) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German).