why do you want to be an atlas corps fellow: Atlas Corps has become agreeing to applications for Atlas Corps Fellowship 2020 in America of The USA. The duration of the fully financed fellowship in the USA is 12-18 months. The Atlas fellowship 2020 covers all the price of the selected prospects. There is absolutely no application cost.
atlas corps mission: The Atlas Corps Fellowship is actually a 12-18 Month Fellowship in the USA for the world’s best sociable transform frontrunners. Fellows serve full-time at Hold Companies to produce authority abilities and find out successful methods from the Atlas Corps Worldwide Authority Laboratory expert development series and marketing possibilities along with other Fellows.
atlas corps fellowship stipend: Members of the Atlas Corps fellowship get a wellness insurance policy and airline flight, and visa costs, as well as a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, community transport, and distributed real estate). Remember to scroll down for more information.
atlas corps fellowship reviews: Atlas Service Corps, Inc. (Atlas Corps), started in 2006, is a worldwide community of social industry leaders and companies that promote innovation and cooperation, and solutions to address the world’s 21st-century challenges. Our mission is always to deal with crucial interpersonal problems by building leaders, strengthening organizations, and marketing innovation with an abroad fellowship of skilled charity professionals. Profiled as a “best practice” in international swap from the Brookings Organization and highlighted in the Washington Post as being a design social entrepreneurship program, Atlas Corps engages executives committed to the nonprofit field in 12 to 18 calendar month, specialist fellowships at companies to learn finest practices, develop organizational capacity, and return home to create a system of global changemakers.
ATLAS CORPS FELLOWSHIP 2020 DETAILS:
- United States of America
- Atlas Service Corps, Inc. (Atlas Corps)
- 12-18 Months
Participants in this prestigious paid fellowship receive:
- Health insurance
- Flight and Visa Costs
- SIM card and Phone plan
- A living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
Monthly budgets vary from city to city, but the monthly living budget for a Fellow in Washington, DC, is as follows: Total $1638/month
- Rent & Utilities: $950
- Transportation: $150
- Phone Plan: $28
- Food: $400
- Other small necessities: $110
The eligibility criteria of the Atlas Corps Fellowship is given below:
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Age 35 or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship)
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
HOW TO APPLY FOR ATLAS CORPS FELLOWSHIP 2020 IN USA?
They consider programs over a moving foundation, however, we encourage you to definitely apply at the earliest opportunity to be considered for Variety Company placements. The application is a multi-step process. Our Fellow Lessons start off four times a year: July, January and April, and October. To be considered for Fellowships beginning in July and October, we promote you to definitely send your Part 1 application no later than February 28. To be considered for Fellowships beginning in January or April, we motivate one to distribute your Part 1 program no later than August 15.
On the internet Program
Component 1: You need to produce a login and you can save your responses to be able to return to the application whenever you want. To Some Extent 1 of the program (known as the “short form”), you supply contact information and finish the first eligibility examination. Should you complete the initial eligibility check, you’ll complete further background concerns and something quick essay. Notice: In order to sponsor Fellows to come to America for starters 12 months, we demand details about each candidate. Please solution each issue honestly and thoroughly.
Component 2 (by invite only): Atlas Corps will overview Component 1 programs and invite eligible applicants to accomplish Portion 2 of the program (referred to as “long form”), including extra questions on your abilities and pursuits and lots of brief essay concerns. You will also be required to send contact info for at least two references who know you inside an expert capacity and will create a notice of recommendation regarding your skills and activities along with your possibility of good results as an Atlas Corps Fellow. You will have to deliver your demands for the note of recommendation directly with the software program. Your recommenders will receive an email that openly asks to get a recommendation. More in-depth guidelines may be found in the internet application.
2. Atlas Corps Overview Process (by invite only): Atlas Corps will overview Part 2 programs and select top applicants to job interview via Skype with all the Atlas Corps Choice Board, which includes Atlas Corps personnel and nonprofit industry and authorities, and enterprise frontrunners from multiple countries.
3. Variety Company Review Method (by invite only): Prospects who complete the Atlas Corps job interview phase will be chosen as Semi-Finalists, meaning these are eligible to be examined by possible Variety Companies for placements based upon their pursuits and skillset and the organization’s requirements.
4. Variety Organization Meets with Procedure (by invite only): Variety Companies encourage Semi-Finalists that very best match up their placements to perform Skype video clip interviews together, moving on to the Finalist period.
5. Choice and Visa Procedure: Host Companies is likely to make their last recommendations to Atlas Corps, and Atlas Corps will inform the selected applicants. Right after being picked, Fellows will proceed to the U.S. Embassy within their particular nations to try to get a J-1 visa. Atlas Corps will provide support in getting this visa.
Semi-Finalists who are not selected by way of a Hold Company will likely be informed and could get an opportunity to keep their application on file for consideration for the next school from the Fellowship, moving back to the Step 3, the Variety Company Overview Process. Semi-Finalists MUST upgrade their supply through their accounts every 2-4 months in order to remain in concern for the Fellowship as well as be qualified to acquire their application delivered to possible Hosts. Semi-Finalists will periodically receive a prompt email to do this.
SOME TIPS FOR A GREAT APPLICATION?
1. Think about what is distinctive and impressive about you and be sure to communicate these things! If you’re having a hard time with this, try asking a friend, colleague, or parent what they think is most impressive about you.
2. Have an English-speaking friend proofread your application to make sure your writing is understandable and has good spelling and grammar.
3. Give specific details and examples when you’re describing your skills and interests. If you say you manage volunteers, how many volunteers do you manage? If you work in fundraising, how much money have you raised or how many successful grant applications have you worked on?
Atlas Corps receives hundreds of applications each month. Each of the steps listed above may take approximately 1-3 months. The vetting process may take several months to complete. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible to initiate the review process. You may apply at any time, so please do not wait for any deadlines.
If you are accepted to the Fellowship, there may be a quick turnaround time between your acceptance and the beginning of the Fellowship. Final decisions about each class of Fellows are made approximately 4-8 weeks before the class begins. Fellowship start dates are not flexible and assuming your visa is approved, you must begin your Fellowship with the Class to which you are accepted.