Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest are open apply now. Ayn Rand essay contest offers an array of educational programs to enable students at all levels of knowledge to learn about Ayn Rand’s philosophy and novels. Ayn Rand was an American novelist and philosopher and the creator of Objectivism, which she called “a philosophy for living on earth.” The essay contest is open to 12th graders, college undergraduates, and graduate students. The contest offers opportunity to learn about Ayn Rand’s philosophy and novels. This year they will award over 500 prizes totaling more than $90,000.
Ayn Rand has inspired individuals around the world to discard convention and pursue a better life. They offer an array of educational programs to enable students at all levels of knowledge to learn about Ayn Rand’s philosophy and novels.
Eligibility for Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest:
In order to participate in the essay contest, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- No application is required. Contest is open to students worldwide, except where void or prohibited by law. Essays must be written in English only.
- Entrant must be a 12th-grader, college undergraduate or graduate student at the time of the current contest deadline. Verification of school enrollment will be required for all winning entrants.
How to Apply for Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest:
Applicants must write an essay you can choose one of following three topics, Essay must be no fewer than 800 and no more than 1,600 words in length, double-spaced.
- Francisco d’Anconia says that the “words ‘to make money’ hold the essence of human morality.” What does he mean? What are today’s prevalent moral attitudes toward money? Do you agree with Francisco’s view? Explain why or why not.
- Atlas Shrugged is both a celebration of business and a defense of it against widespread attacks. Judging from the novel, as well as from Ayn Rand’s essay “What Is Capitalism?” and her speech “America’s Persecuted Minority: Big Business,” why does she think business should be defended and championed? What does she think is a proper defense of business, and why?
- Ragnar Danneskjöld says he loves that which has rarely been loved, namely, human ability. What do you think he means? How does his position relate to the idea: “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need”? Do you agree or disagree with Ragnar’s attitude? Explain.
Applicants must submit their essay online through the given link:
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest Supporting Documents:
- Your name and address
- Your email address (if available)
- The name and address of your school
- Topic selected (#1, 2 or 3 from the “Topics” tab)
- Your current grade level and
- (Optional) the name of the teacher who assigned the essay if you are completing it for classroom credit.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest Submitting Details:
You can mail your essay with the stapled cover sheet to:
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest
The Ayn Rand Institute
P.O Box 57044
Irvine, CA 92619-7044
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest Financial Aid and Award Money:
Award amount for all schools located in the state of California
- 1st Place: 1 winner will receive $3,000
- 2nd Place: 2 winners will receive $1,000
- 3rd Place: 10 winners will receive $500
Award amount for all schools located in the states of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin
- 1st Place: 1 winner will receive $2,000
- Finalist will receive $500
Award amount for all schools located in the state of Colorado
- Winner will get $500
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest Application Deadline:
Entries for the essay contest will be submitted by April 28, 2019.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question you can ask at essay-at-aynrand.org.