Applications are invited for Australia Awards-ASEAN Scholarships Application for 2019 Intake. Students from ASEAN countries (Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand) are eligible to apply.
The Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government that aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries, in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
Australia Awards-ASEAN Postgraduate Scholarships in Australia Description:
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake postgraduate (Master-Level) studies in Australia.
- Study Subject: An initiative of the ASEAN-Australia Special Summit, the Australia Awards-ASEAN Scholarship is a one-off opportunity to study in Australia in fields contributing to ASEAN’s peace, prosperity and social development, namely:
- Political-Security – Contribute to peace and stability in Southeast Asia
- Economic – Contribute to ASEAN’s economic integration and promote inclusive growth
- Socio-Cultural – Contribute to an ASEAN Community that is people-centred and socially responsible
Your career will benefit from new knowledge, leadership skills and links you create in Australia and through our global alumni network.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship offers:
- Pre-Departure Training – training prior to commencement of studies in Australia. This will include Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) and Accommodation close to PDT location.
- Domestic and International Return Airfare from the airport closest to the recipient’s home location to the airport closest to Pre-departure Training centre in Indonesia;
- Medical examination and x-ray costs in order to comply with Student Visa requirements;
- DFAT Student Visa and Student Dependent Visa;
- Outward Airfare (economy- one way) from the airport closest to the recipient’s home location to the international airport closest to the Australian university selected for study by the recipient;
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – recipient only (recipients are required to maintain
- OSHC for any accompanying family in order to satisfy visa requirements);
- Establishment Allowance payable into the recipient’s bank account after arrival in Australia;
- Contribution to Living Expenses (in Australia Stipend) – payment of a fortnightly contribution to living expenses (CLE);
- Tuition Fees – including all compulsory fees for the course in which the recipient is accepted into;
- Supplementary Academic Support – provided where it is deemed essential to assist recipients to pass course subjects;
- Fieldwork – holders of a scholarship where research comprises at least 50 percent of the program may receive a return economy class airfare to Indonesia to undertake essential fieldwork;
- Reunion Airfare – is available to a ‘single’ recipient after the successful completion of the first year of study; subsequent reunion airfare entitlements will be available on an annual basis for the duration of the Australia Awards Scholarships, except for the final year of the Australia Awards Scholarships; and,
- Homeward Airfare (economy- one way) from the international airport closest to the Australian university selected for study by the recipient to the airport closest to the recipient’s home location.
- Nationality: Students from ASEAN countries (Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand) are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Australia Awards-ASEAN Postgraduate Scholarships in Australia:
Eligible Countries: Students from ASEAN countries (Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand) are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
In general candidates must:
- not be married or engaged to a person who is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status, at any stage of the application, selection, mobilisation processes or while on-scholarship in Australia;
- satisfy Australian Government requirements for international student entry to Australia (health, character etc);
- not be applying for a visa to live in Australia;
- not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous Australia Awards Scholarship recipient in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia or back in Indonesia for eight years);
- not be current serving military personnel;
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
- for a DFAT student visa; and,
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the Australian university at which the Scholarship is to be undertaken.
Specifically, candidates must:
- Citizenship of Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand;
- Have an English language proficiency of at least 6.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.0 (or 575 in paper-based TOEFL or 90 in internet based TOEFL or 61 in PTE Academic). The IELTS, TOEFL or PTE Academic result must be current (obtained in the last 2 years from the application closing date, or a test result obtained between April 30, 2019 until April 30,2019 will be considered current). No other English language test (including TOEFL prediction test) results will be accepted;
- Provide contact details of test centre for verification of IELTS/TOEFL test results.
- Already hold an undergraduate degree, if applying for a Masters.
- Answer all relevant questions on the application form.
- Be willing and available to undertake full-time (Monday-Friday 08:00-16:00) Pre-Departure Training in Indonesia prior to studying in Australia, if offered a scholarship.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the minimum English language requirement of their chosen Australian university (usually IELTS of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0).
Application Procedure for Australia Awards-ASEAN Postgraduate Scholarships in Australia:
How to Apply: Please read the instructions below carefully before clicking ‘next’ at the bottom of this screen to commence this online application for Australia Awards-ASEAN Scholarships 2019 Intake:
- Please download preview form from this LINK
- This online form can only be accessed using a PC Desktop or Laptop or Mac.
- Recommended web browsers are Mozilla Firefox or Chrome or Safari.
- Before completing this form, please read general information notes below carefully.
- If you need help, please email us at mis-at-australiaawardsindonesia.org or text us via WhatsApp at +62 812 8980 4911
- Please refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook available on the DFAT website.
- You must complete all fields marked with an asterix and all relevant sections.
- This application must be completed in English.
- This form and all essential documents as listed in page 12 of this form must be submitted before 30 April 2019 at 24:00 Jakarta time (or 17.00 GMT).
- Do not send this application to universities or other institutions in Australia.
- Australia Awards-ASEAN Scholarships will be offered only to those whose course of study will contribute to ASEAN’s peace, prosperity and social development. A list of the priorities is available under the “Choosing a Course of Study” section below.
- DFAT’s website and Study in Australia website include a list of Australian Universities that may receive Australia Awards- ASEAN Scholarship recipients. Course of study information is available directly from the Universities’ websites or the Commonwealth Registerof Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) website.
- If you do not receive an invitation to an interview from the Australia Awards office by mid-July/August you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
- In cases where information supplied by candidates is found to be inaccurate or incorrect, an award offer may be revoked without notice.
- The closing date is 30 April 2019 at 12.00 PM (24:00) Jakarta time (or 17.00 GMT).