Australia Awards Scholarships are open apply now. Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Australian government proudly announced admissions in Australian universities under Australian Awards scholarship program for 2019 session. There are certain reasons to study in Australia such as higher education standards and good scholarships. All international students (Nationals of Australia ineligible) are highly encouraged to apply online for Australian Awards scholarships program 2019.
Australian Awards Scholarship is offered only to the partner countries so below is the button from where you can see if your country is eligible or not. Only postgraduate applicants are encouraged to apply for Australian Awards.
Australian Awards Scholarship stipend is AUD 30,000 which covers the living cost, accommodation expense. With that students get economy class air ticket and scholarship agency also provides facility to those scholarship awardees whose families live in their home country to bring them to travel to a home in mid duration of the degree. One of settlement allowance to awardees of Australian Awards Scholarship will be given at a rate of AUD 5,000 to help them initiating their life in Australia. An Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) will be provided also. So, here is the summary:
- Stipend Per year AUD 30,000
- The one-off settlement cost AUD 5,000
- OSHC Medical Insurance cover
- Economy class air ticket to Australia
Host Institution(s) of Australia Awards Scholarships:
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Level/Field(s) of study under Australia Awards Scholarships:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to your country’s priority areas for development which are listed on the participating country profiles.
Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Number of Australia Awards Scholarships:
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
Australia Awards Scholarships value/inclusions/duration:
The scholarship benefits generally include full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. See the complete list of benefits at the official website.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
Eligibility of Australia Awards Scholarships:
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
a. be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
b. be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
c. not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) and not be current serving military personnel
d. not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
e. not be applying for another long‐term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia
f. have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector)
g. be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
h. be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa.
i. Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook (PDF)
Documents Required for Australian Awards Scholarship Program
- Completely fill out the country-specific requirement paper sheet and attach its original copy. Get this sheet by sending an email to Australian Awards website.
- Impact development proposal plan which can also be obtained by sending an email to them
- The valid copy of a proof which identifies your state or residency in your country like your passport
- Valid and very clear looking copy of your all educational certifications from front and back attested by authorized attestation person
- Copy of sheet stating your English proficiency level that can be IELTS or TOEFL
- Overseas students who will take coursework MS degrees in Australia must supply one recommendation referee letter. And those who will do research based degree, need to supply two recommendation letters original ones. Please navigate here download the form of Recommendation Letter Template to be used as directed by Australian Scholarship council
- If you are working then Australian Awards needs an employment certificate and for that, you can use the same form as of recommendation letter one
- If you are planning to take admission in Australian university under research base degree then you have to supply an evidence letter of acceptance from a professor who teaches in any Australian university. But if you are intended to study course base program under Australian Awards then no need for an acceptance letter from the professor
- Attested copy of no objection certification to be attached to online Australian Scholarship application webpage with your original copy of resume C.V
- Australian Scholarship board screen documents in the first stage and the most important scholarship winning parameter is the quality of your Research proposal or Study plan. Henceforth, make a move now to write an influential research aim in pdf format stating your area of interest and why you want to study in Australian universities and attach it online in application
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships.aspx
Can you apply by Email?
Yes, you can apply by email as well to assigned persons by Australian Awards Scholarship.
Find your country’s assigned person from below link:
Apply by Email for Australian Awards Scholarship method
Australia Awards Scholarships