Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies, PhD Scholarships in Germany GSSP DAAD CfA are open apply now. The new CfA, Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies, PhD scholarships is now available on offer from October 2019 for three or four years (subject to a satisfactory annual progress review). This call is open for Non-German Citizens.
As a classic full university, Free University of Berlin offers over 150 degree programs across a wide range of subjects. The extent of its research in humanities and social sciences is unique in Germany. Freie Universität provides targeted support for young researchers.
Candidates must hold an outstanding Master’s degree, or equivalent degree, in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion.
Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies, PhD Scholarships in Germany GSSP DAAD CfA Description:
- Applications Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to research and complete a doctorate within the “Languages and Cultures of the Silk Road” program at the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS).
- Nationality: This call is open for Non-German Citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Two doctoral scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies, PhD Scholarships in Germany GSSP DAAD CfA:
Eligible Countries: This call is open for Non-German Citizens.
Entrance Requirements: The call is open only to applicants
- Who are not German citizens
- Who have not resided in Germany continuously for longer than 12 months as of the application deadline
- Their last final exam (M.A.) should have taken place no longer than 5 years and 9 months ago
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies, PhD Scholarships in Germany GSSP DAAD CfA Application Procedure?
How to Apply: Candidates must send their application before December 1st, 2019 to: application-at-berliner-antike-kolleg.org
The application procedure takes place in two stages:
1) Candidates submit their applications, including the documents mentioned above, to
2) Short-listed candidates are invited for an interview (on Skype) within two months of the
If you have been selected for a scholarship by BerGSAS you will be required to upload your application to the DAAD submission system. BerGSAS will prepare a shortlist, while DAAD will make the final choice. Admission to studies and receiving of a scholarship is based on assessments by both the hosting university and DAAD.