The Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology is inviting applications for six scholarships for international prospective doctoral researchers starting in 1 April 2019.
The Bielefeld University was founded in 1969 with an explicit research assignment and a mission to provide high-quality research-oriented teaching. With far-reaching aims to reform nearly every area of higher education, the University has made valuable contributions to educational reform in Germany and upholds its interdisciplinary, innovative and reform-oriented character to this day.
Bielefeld Graduate School Doctoral Scholarships in History and Sociology in Germany Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree program.
- Study Subject: Both the broad range of research and teaching capacities in history and sociology at Bielefeld University as well as familiarity with the current state of research guarantees that a large spectrum of dissertation projects can be supervised. In history, thematic fields range from ancient to contemporary history and from political, social and cultural history to the comparative history of modern societies, as well as transnational and global history. In sociology, supervision can be provided in thematic areas such as world society studies, social inequality, social policy, migration studies, sociology of networks or organisations and professions, just to name a few. Chairs in political science, didactics of social sciences and social anthropology further extend the scope of potential supervision. Teaching and supervisory capacities overlap in a considerable number of thematic fields.
- Scholarship Award: They have a duration of three years and include a stipend of EUR 1.365,- per month.
- Nationality: These scholarships are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to six scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Bielefeld Graduate School Doctoral Scholarships in History and Sociology in Germany:
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must hold a degree in the social sciences or the humanities, e.g. in history, sociology, social anthropology, political science, didactics of social sciences, gender studies, Inter-American Studies (IAS) or History, Philosophy and Sociology of Science (HPSS). Since courses in the degree programme may be conducted in either English or German, you must have proficient skills in one of these two languages.
English Language Requirements: Since courses in the degree programme may be conducted in either English or German, you must have proficient skills in one of these two languages.
Application Procedure for Bielefeld Graduate School Doctoral Scholarships in History and Sociology in Germany:
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- The short profile (template),
- Covering letter (600 words max.) (guidelines),
- Curriculum Vitae (1,000 words max.), (guidelines)
- Project description (guidelines)
- University transcripts (Master’s certificate or a statement from your examination office that you have successfully completed your Master’s studies. All your grades, including the grade for your Master’s thesis, must be displayed in this statement.)