Biruté Cipijauskaité Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spanish Poetry at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in USA are open apply now. For the academic year 2020 The Institute for Research in the Humanities is delighted to offer one Cipijauskaité Fellowship to a scholar working in peninsular Spanish poetry. Fellowship is available to a scholar from outside the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The mission of the Institute for Research in the Humanities is to foster research in the humanities by creating a stimulating, interdisciplinary, intellectual community in which fellows can pursue their scholarly work, share it with other fellows and members of the campus, and benefit from intensive discussion with scholars from diverse disciplinary backgrounds, fields, interests, and perspectives.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Biruté Cipijauskaité Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spanish Poetry at University of Wisconsin-Madison in USA Description
- Applications Deadline: December 3, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to a scholar working in peninsular Spanish poetry.
- Scholarship Award: The Ciplijauskaité Fellow is expected to be in residence throughout the academic year (except for short research trips, lectures, conferences, etc.) and may extend their residency through the following summer on a non-stipendary basis. However, the fellowship may not be deferred for any reason. The award provides a stipend of $57,000, office space, support services, and access to all university facilities.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available to a scholar from outside the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Biruté Cipijauskaité Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spanish Poetry at University of Wisconsin-Madison in USA
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available to a scholar from outside the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Institute encourages applications from senior scholars as well as junior scholars with research projects that are well advanced.
- Faculty members of the University of Wisconsin-Madison are not eligible for the fellowship.
- Independent scholars with the PhD are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in possession of the doctorate at the time of application; we will not accept applications from graduate students expecting to have the doctorate by the beginning of the academic year. Projects to revise the doctoral dissertation should involve substantial expansion, new research, and/or new conceptual frameworks; the proposal should clearly explain how the project relates to the dissertation.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Biruté Cipijauskaité Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spanish Poetry at University of Wisconsin-Madison in USA Application Procedure
How to Apply: Application Materials
- Proposal, up to 1,500 words (about 5 double-spaced pages of 12-point font). The proposal should address the significance of the project, how it will be accomplished, and the specific work plan for the period of the grant. Clearly state the intended product of your research. For book projects, an outline of chapters is highly recommended. For revisions of dissertations, substantive change is expected; explain how the book will differ from the dissertation.
- Bibliography, publications (not your own) relevant to the project, up to 2 pages.
- Curriculum Vitae, including work forthcoming and in progress.
- Application Form (available only online via Interfolio in September 2020: includes questions about project title and 100-word abstract of project).
- Three letters of recommendations that address the significance and feasibility of the proposed research, quality of the proposal, qualifications for the project, and past work. (Must be submitted online via Interfolio. See below for more details.).
- Applicants may access the Interfolio application through the Institute website at https://irh.wisc.edu/fellowships/cipijauskaité. This page provides an overview of the fellowship, this call, and a link to the application form hosted on Interfolio. The application process will be open by September of 2020.
- You may submit your application while letters of recommendation are still pending.
- You must complete your online application and upload all required materials to Interfolio by 11:59 PM CT on the deadline: Monday, December 3, 2020.
- You do not need to complete your application in a single session. You may start it, save changes, log out, and return to it later. (To see your saved applications, go to the Interfolio dashboard and click the “Deliveries” button; un-submitted applications will appear as “in-progress.”)
- Even after submission, you may return to an application to make edits and changes until the December 3rd application deadline. (To see an application you have already submitted, go to the Interfolio dashboard and click the “Deliveries” button; submitted applications will appear as “sent deliveries.” Note: The selection committee will not view submitted applications until after the deadline.)