The National Security Education Boren Scholarship Program is now offering applications for the “Boren Scholarship” program for U.S. undergraduate students. The purpose of the Boren Scholarship program is to provide unique funding opportunities to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad. The National Security Education Program will award up to $20,000 stipend for 6 – 12 months to the winners.
Boren Scholarship David L. Boren is the principal author of the legislation that created the National Security Education Program and the Boren Scholarship Awards, the scholarships, and fellowships that bear his name.
Boren Scholarship Eligibility:
- A U.S. citizen at the time of application
- Planning an overseas program that meets home institution standards in a country outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand. Boren Fellowships are not for study in the United States.
- A high school graduate, or have earned a GED
- Matriculated in an undergraduate degree program located within the United States accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Boren Scholars must remain matriculated in their undergraduate programs for the duration of the scholarship and may not graduate until the scholarship is complete.
How to Apply for Boren Scholarship:
To apply, the candidate can register themselves for getting an on-line application through the given link:
Boren Scholarship Supporting Documents:
For applying this scholarship you must:
- Completed letters of reference
- Submit Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Submit Language self-assessment
- Submit Language proficiency form
- One page study abroad program or if you set up a direct enrollment or individually arranged study abroad program, please provide two letters of support.
Boren Scholarship Financial Aid and Award Money:
Maximum scholarship awards are:
- $8,000 for a summer program (special initiative for STEM students only; 8 weeks minimum)
- $10,000 for a semester
- $20,000 for a 6 – 12 months
Boren Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for the Boren Scholarship is February 9, 2017, at 5 PM EST.
Link for more Information: