Applications are open for Calouste Gulbenkian Undergraduate Studies Scholarships. The scholarships are open to all disciplines, and are awarded based on merit only.
The aim of the Calouste Gulbenkian Undergraduate Studies Scholarship is to encourage university students of Armenian origin from less developed countries, particularly the Middle East and Latin America, to obtain higher education in any field in a recognized university.
The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is a Portuguese institution under private law and of general public utility, perpetual in nature, with its statutory purposes spanning the arts, beneficence, science, and education.
Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Scholarship Description:
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The maximum scholarship award is 5,000 USD per year.
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately forty scholarships will be provided per year.
- Nationality: Students from Armenian origin are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship can be taken in Portugal
Eligibility for the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from Armenian origin are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates wishing to apply for a Calouste Gulbenkian Undergraduate Studies Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
Be of Armenian origin
Be no more than 25 years old at the time of the application
Having outstanding examination and/or school results
Be enrolled or accepted in a higher education institution, duly recognized by the local national authorities
Candidates must declare to the Foundation if they receive other scholarships to obtain their degrees
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Scholarship:
A copy of the candidate’s passport (main page with personal data)
- Birth or baptism certificate, or an equivalent document attesting to the Armenian heritage, translated into English, if the original is not in English or French
- Attested copies of academic certificates obtained and grade-sheets (last academic year), with grades’ clarification letter, translated into English, if originals are not in English or French
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page), including why they chose their respective field of study
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A statement outlining their commitment to contribute to the Armenian community during their studies or upon graduation.
How to Apply:
Applications must be filled out online.