Canda International School Entrance Scholarship are open apply now. The TFS Entrance Scholarship Program provides an opportunity for exceptional students entering Grade 7 or above to benefit from an enriched learning environment. All of our students graduate bilingual in English and French, and are accepted into their university of choice, in Canada and worldwide.
TFS will award scholarships to students who demonstrate high academic standing, involvement in their school and/or community, as well as financial need. Entrance Scholarships are renewable every year until graduation, if the student maintains an average of 80% and meets the conditions noted on the right side of this page.
Students do not need to speak French to apply for Grade 7 scholarships, but must be keenly interested in becoming bilingual. Students in Grade 8 and above must be fluent in French.
Canda’s International School Entrance Scholarship Description:
• Application Deadline: November 30, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Grade 7 program.
• Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: They define financial need as a family’s inability to pay for even a portion of TFS’ tuition fees.
• Nationality: The Scholarship is available to Canadian students.
• Number of scholarship: Number not given.
• Scholarship can be taken in: Canadian students.
Eligibility for the Canda’s International School Entrance Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is available to Canadian students
• Entrance Requirement:
- Students who will be entering Grade 7 or above in September 2019 and who don’t currently attend TFS.
- Entrance scholars will be selected based on academic merit, involvement in their school and/or community, as well as financial need.
- Academic eligibility: candidates should be able to demonstrate a minimum A average in the past two academic years.
- Financial eligibility: We define financial need as a family’s inability to pay for even a portion of TFS’ tuition fees. The Entrance Scholarships are meant to provide an enriched learning opportunity to an exceptional student who would not otherwise have the resources to attend TFS.
- As financial need depends on the circumstances and composition of each family, no firm thresholds are set. However, families (including single parents and recent arrivals to Canada) are strongly encouraged to apply if their annual income is less than $80,000.
- Students currently in immersion or French schools are strongly urged to apply, as well as those in English-language schools (applying to Grade 7). Grade 7 entrance scholars who are not fluent in French will enter our special Intro program for the first year, which follows the regular curriculum but with a special focus on language acquisition. This is offered at our West Campus in Mississauga; busing may be available.
- Scholarships are intended for domestic applicants only, defined as students living in Canada at the time of application. It is the responsibility of the family to obtain any visa/permits necessary to live and study in Canada.
Canda’s International School Entrance Scholarship Application procedure:
How to Apply: TFS is currently accepting scholarship applications for candidates to begin their studies with us in September 2019. To start, please complete our online application. In addition to completing the application form, student candidates and their parents will be asked to:
- Submit the most recent report card and the previous two years’ final reports. The academic record should demonstrate a minimum A average. Include any special awards or records of achievement.
- Send the Confidential School Report to their current school to be completed and forwarded directly to TFS.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation. These can be from a teacher, school administrator, coach or other adult (non-family member) who is knowledgeable about the student’s strengths, accomplishments, special interests and potential.
- Choose to write either TFS’ tests or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). If the candidate is currently enrolled in a French program, they may also be asked to write a TFS French competency test.
- Submit a financial assessment application to Apple Financialby December 31. A Scholarship Committee will review all applications. Selected candidates will be invited to attend a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee in January 2019.
We are here to help applicants through the process. Please fill out the form below and we will quickly be in touch!