The Cardiff University is offering PhD Studentships in Law and Politics open to all students of any nationality (UK/EU and International) starting in October 2019.
The aim of the Ph.D. studentship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Cardiff is established as one of Britain’s leading universities. Its ambition is to be among the top 100 universities in the world and top 20 in the UK.
Cardiff University PhD Studentships in Law and Politics for UK/EU and International in UK Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 27, 2019
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in Law or Politics and International Relations.
- ScholarshipAward: Funding details
|Tuition fee support||Full UK/EU tuition fees|
|The studentship will cover the full UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend at the UKRI postgraduate rate (currently £14,777) – each for a period of three years, subject to satisfactory progress.|
|Maintenance stipend||Doctoral stipend matching UK Research Council National Minimum|
- Nationality: Open to all students of any nationality (UK/EU and International).
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two studentships are available.
- Scholarshipcan be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Cardiff University PhD Studentships in Law and Politics for UK/EU and International in UK:
Eligible Countries: Open to all students of any nationality (UK/EU and International)
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
|Residency||Open to all students of any nationality (UK/EU and International). International students will need to self-fund the difference between the UK/EU tuition fees, covered by the studentship, and the International tuition fees.|
|Academic criteria||In order to be eligible for a studentship, you must:|
· Meet the normal entry requirements for undertaking a PhD at Cardiff School of Law and Politics; and
· Hold an ‘offer to study’ on either the Law or Politics & International Relations PhD programme (either on a conditional or unconditional basis).
Please note that the minimum admissions criteria are as follows:
· Applicants should have at least a 2:1 Honours degree or overseas equivalent in a relevant subject; and
· For those whose first language is not English, must obtain a score of at least 7.0 in IELTS (with no less than 6.5 in the writing element).
Further details of the programmes and the entry requirements, can be found below:
· Politics & International Relations
Applications for the studentship will be assessed against the following criteria:
· Academic qualifications and achievements
· Level of preparedness for the research programme
· Understanding of the research context for, and the significance of, the proposed project.
Open to all students of any nationality (UK/EU and International). International students will need to self-fund the difference between the UK/EU tuition fees, covered by the studentship, and the International tuition fees.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Procedure for Cardiff University PhD Studentships in Law and Politics for UK/EU and International in UK:
Please note that you must complete the online application form in full by the deadline for your studentship application to be considered.
Please ensure that you upload the following documents:
- a full research proposal
- copies of relevant certificates and transcripts
- a detailed personal statement, which gives a strong statement of your research interest, your preparation and understanding of the research context for your proposed project and its significance.
If you have experience beyond education that you would like to be considered, it is also advisable to also upload a CV.
Applications must be submitted by midnight Friday 27th July 2019.