The Central England NERC Training Alliance(CENTA) is a partnership involving the universities of Birmingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Warwick and the Open University is delighted to offer its 120 PhD studentships over 5 years, training the next generation of Environmental and Earth Scientists. The studentships are exclusively open for students from EU countries other than the UK.
CENTA PhD Studentships for EU Students at University of Leicester Description:
- Application Deadline: January 22, 2019
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD research programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded for the projects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: CENTA has been awarded £4.9 million from the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) which, with additional support from the partners, will fund around 120 PhD studentships over 5 years, training the next generation of Environmental and Earth Scientists.
- Nationality: Applicants from EU countries other than the UK (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden) are eligible to apply for the studentships.
- Number of Scholarships: 120 studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the CENTA PhD Studentships for EU Students at University of Leicester:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from EU countries other than the UK (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden) are eligible to apply for the studentships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degrees.
- English Language Requirements: If you are NOT a national of one of these countries but have completed one or more of the following qualifications where teaching was in English and the qualification was completed in one of the listed countries within the last three years you will have met our English language entry requirements:
- Your secondary school education.
- Two years of undergraduate (bachelor) level education.
- A Masters degree or research degree.
- If there is any doubt about your English language ability, Departments may require you to achieve a satisfactory score in a recognised English language test – such as IELTS (Academic Version). Alternatively, you can complete one of our pre-sessional English language courses to meet the required IELTS standard (pre-sessional courses cannot be used to satisfy the English language entry requirement for admission to the DClinPsy programme).
Application Procedure for CENTA PhD Studentships for EU Students at University of Leicester:
How to Apply:
- To apply, simply check your eligibility and our entry requirements then follow our six-point checklist:
- Prepare all the documents you will need in advance. You will need to complete:
- a project selection form (link below)
- a CENTA Project Application form
- a University Application form.
- additional supporting documents (degree certificates etc.)
- This checklist will help you to complete the application form as there are parts that are a little confusing.
- Prepare a personal statement, no longer than 500 words, outlining your interest in and suitability for the research project. Explain why you would like to work in this area and describe any relevant research experience (including any research projects that you have undertaken – for example, as part of your degree – and list any academic work you have published or which is currently in press awaiting publication). If you are interested in more than one project, you can upload more than one personal statement. Please also upload a CV with your application.
- Complete a CENTA Project Application form. Please also include your 500-word personal statement at the end of this form. Upload this instead of a research proposal in the “Research Proposal” section of the application form.
- Prepare your supporting documents, in addition to your Personal Statement, CENTA application, and CV.
- Complete your project selection form. If you are interested in more than one project, you can indicate this on the project selection form, and you can upload two different personal statements.
- Complete a university application form.
- Upload your supporting documents (CV, Degree transcripts and certificates, reference letters if already obtained).
- Include the names and contact details of referees only if you have not uploaded reference letters and we will contact your referees for you (Please be sure let your referees know to expect a reference request from us).
- Uploaded your completed CENTA application form to the ‘Research Proposal’ Section or to the ‘Personal Statement’ section.
- Include your CENTA project code in the section ‘Project title/studentship title’.
- Under the Funding Section of the online application form select STUDENTSHIP and in the drop-down menu select NERC CENTA.
- If you apply for more than one project in the same department, please submit one online application form, and email the second CENTA application to quoting your Leicester ID number. If you are applying for projects in different departments, please complete separate university application forms for each project.