CERN Summer Internship Student Program are open apply now. Applications are now open to apply for the CERN Summer Internship Student Program in Switzerland. Waoo Waoo! CERN Summer Internship is the Most popular & exciting program for all the Students around the world. This is a Fully Funded CERN Internship Program.
Switzerland is one of the world’s best places to be born, live and be happy. Do You want to Spend some of your life amazing Moments in Switzerland? Then please Keep Reading this post. This is a Good Opportunity to do an internship in Switzerland under CERN Internship.
Imagine getting involved in work that is changing the world and imagine doing it before you’ve left university. Imagine working in an international internship program and having a great quality of life. Put all these ingredients together to make this image a reality.
CERN Summer Internship Student Program Details
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: CERN
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Duration: 8 to 13 weeks
- Cost: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31 January 2019
Are you looking for a practical training period during the European summer (June – September)? If so, this could be the opportunity for you: apply now for the CERN Summer Student Programme!
Take part in CERN’s Summer Student Programme!
During this unique and exciting time, you can attend a series of lectures specially prepared for you where experts and scientists from around the world share their knowledge about a wide range of topics in the fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing.
CERN Summer Internship Student Program Cost
CERN Summer Internship Student Program is a Fully Funded program. In return, CERN will provide you with the following.
- A contract of association of 8 to 13 weeks* to work on a technical project.
- An extensive physics lecture programme (students will also be able to attend a series of IT lectures organized by Openlab).
- A 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- A travel allowance on a lump sum basis paid at the end of your stay to help you with the cost of travel between Geneva and your residence at the time of the selection committee,
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (contribution already deducted from allowance).**
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
- Click here for Eiffel Scholarship 2019 for Master/ MPhil/ Ph.D. by France Government
- Holland Scholarship 2019 by Dutch Ministry of Education
- King Abdulaziz University Scholarship in Saudi Arabia For Pakistani Students
- 583 Scholarships for Pakistani Students in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
CERN Summer Internship Student Program Eligibility Criteria & Qualifications
In order to qualify for CERN Short Term internship you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not Ph.D.) in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics and should have completed, by the European Summer 2019, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2019 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or another status) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply for this Summer Student Programme.
CERN Summer Internship Student Program Arrival Dates
Every Monday from the beginning of June to the 1st Monday in July inclusive, namely 3 June, 11 June*, 17 June, 24 June and 1 July 2019.
*Exception is Tuesday 11th June, as of Monday 10th, 2019 is a bank holiday at CERN.
CERN Summer Internship Student Program Result Announcement
The final results of the summer internship in Switzerland for international students by selection procedure will be communicated to candidates by mid-April 2019.
CERN Summer Internship Student Program Deadline
The last date to apply for the 2019 CERN Summer Internship Student Program is 31 January 2019
How to Apply for CERN Summer Student program
You will need the following documents to complete your application (please make sure to name the documents accordingly e.g. CV, motivation letter, academic transcript, reference letter):
- Click on the Link below Given.
- A CV in either English or French.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure the document is not protected so that we can open it).
- At least one reference letter (dated less than 12 months), preferably 2, from your lecturers.