CHED Scholarship is open apply now. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) CHED Scholarship is an attached agency to the Office of the President for administrative purposes. Its mandate is to promote relevant and higher quality education that will make graduates and professionals CHED Scholarship, highly competent and recognized in the international arena.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is now accepting applications for scholarships under the State Scholarship Program (Full Scholarship and Partial Scholarship) and Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA) for the coming academic year (AY) 2019.
The Scholarship Program is in consonance with the mandate of CHED as provided for in Article XIV, Section 1 of the Philippine Constitution “to protect and promote the right of all citizens to quality education at all levels and shall take appropriate steps to make such education accessible to all” and Article XIV, Section 2(3) “to establish and maintain a system of scholarship grants, student loan programs, subsidies, and other incentives which shall be available to deserving students in both public and private schools.”
It is important to emphasize that this scholarship is a modality of financial support given to qualified students based on merit or talent. It is different from Grants-in-Aid and Student Loan which are also offered by CHED as part of its regular Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs).
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) CHED Scholarship announced that the financial assistance for college enrollment can submit their scholarship application and requirements. CHED Scholarship offers full and half merit scholarship under the Student Financial Assistance Program (StudFAPs), grant-in-aid programs and student loan program under Study Now Pay Later Plan (SNPLP).
It also includes in their mandate to ensure that quality higher education is accessible to all who seek it, particularly those who may not be able to afford it.
In consonance with the mandate, CHED Scholarship continues to provide poor and deserving Filipinos opportunities for quality higher education as articulated in its Long-Term Development Plan provisions for “Access and Equity” with the establishment and maintenance of scholarship, grants-in-aid and loan programs.
If you or any of your family members are interested in avail the program and you think you are eligible to check the list of qualifications below.
Qualifications for CHED scholarship
According to the official gazette of the Philippine Government, to be able to qualify in Full Scholarship (FS) from CHED, the students must have a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent and GWA of at least 85% or its equivalent for a Partial Scholarship (PS).
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of ALS/PEPT;
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed P300,000.00;
- Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program; and
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program.
Requirements for CHED scholarship
here is the list of ched scholarship requirements 2019.
1. Must be a Filipino citizen of good moral character.
2. Must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application except for senior citizens;
3. Must be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation;
4. Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed P300,000.000. For those who are exempted from filing income tax, there should be a certificate of tax exemption from the BIR. For OFW and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income.
5. Must not be a recipient of any government scholarship and financial assistance.
Documentary Requirements for CHED Scholarship
1. CHED StuFAPs Application (OSS Form 01);
2. Duly certified HighSchool Report Card for third year and grades for the first three grading periods for fourth year:
3. Latest Income Tax Return(ITR), Certificate of Tax Exemption or Copy of Contract or proof of income of parents/guardian from Bureau of Internal Revenue;
4. Certificate of good moral character from the high school principal/guidance counselor;
How to Apply for CHED Scholarship?
1. Get a copy of CHED StuFAPs application form from CHED offices or download it: Click here. (Click the link to download)
2. Fully accomplished the form and submit it to CHED Regional Offices together with all documentary requirements mentioned above.
3. After evaluation, CHED will contact/mail you regarding status of your application. Based on their timeline, notice of award to qualified applicants is issued in April but sometimes may be delayed to May or June.
Download here CHED Scholarship
Application Period is from
FEBRUARY to APRIL
For further information, please contact
Office of Student Development and Services
3/F HEDC Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City
Tel No.: (02) 988-0001
E-mail: [email protected]
What are the Benefits of a CHED Scholar?
Scholars under the full scholarship program are entitled to Php 30,000 financial benefit per academic year. They can enroll in any private or public HEIs of his/her choice. On the other hand, those with partial scholarships and under Private Education Student Financial Assistance entitled to Php 15,000 financial assistance per academic year. The former is limited for public universities and colleges only while the latter is intended for private HEIs only. Those under the Grant-in-Aid program can enroll in any private or public HEIs and entitled to Php6,000 to Php 12,000 per academic year depending on the tuition and other fees of HEIs.
MORE Scholarships for Philippino Students
|CHED Scholarship||DOST Scholarship||OWWA Scholarship|
|SM Scholarship||UST Scholarship||GSIS Scholarship|
|Civil Service Exam||FEU Scholarship||DLSU Scholarship|
|Lani Scholarship||Megaworld Scholarship||TESDA Scholarship|
|ESC Scholarship||Chevening Scholarship||Aboitiz Scholarship|
|Ateneo Scholarship||Mext scholarship||Unifast scholarship|
|Mapua Scholarship||Jica Scholarship||DOH Scholarship|
|Metrobank Scholarship||Muntinlupa Scholarship Program||Ayala Scholarship|
|Cavite Scholarship||Benilde Scholarship||BCE Scholarship|
|How to Apply for Landbank iAccess||Deped Scholarship||Tulong Dunong Scholarship|
|Aim Global Scholarship|