Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University are open apply now. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is calling applications for “Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program” of Zhejiang University for the year 2019. Scholarship is available for non-Chinese citizens.
Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education.
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is one of China’s top higher education institutions, as well as one of its oldest; its roots can be traced back to 1897 and the founding of the Qiushi Academy.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University Description
- Applications Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to study full-time postgraduate studies.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Coverage of the scholarship:
– Tuition waiver;
– Free accommodation on campus;
– Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
– Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
Note: For more detailed information, please view web page of Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships at website of CSC.
- Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship.
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Note: Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency have not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning (refer to section III below), they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for non-Chinese citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for non-Chinese citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
- Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have master’s degree.
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have bachelor’s degree. ?Applicants with Bachelors’ Degree Diplomas obtained from Top 500 World Universities according to the ARWU ranking or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.?
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
- Language proficiency requirements:
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210, or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190?or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above). Pakistani and other countries who have their language of instruction was english during his/her study period he need just English proficiency certificate, there is no need IELTS.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University Application Procedure
How to Apply: Applicants must provide the following materials. The application materials are in duplicate and each copy is bind in the following order:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register), then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first, then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
- A photocopy of passport.
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (filled in English). The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor. (if applicable)
All application materials should be submitted to the Admissions Office of the International College of Zhejiang University by post or in person by the deadline. The envelope of application package should be marked “Application for Chinese Government Scholarship 2019”. The incomplete application materials will not be processed.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Note: After receiving the application materials, the university will check applicant’s information and process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China. If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need resend the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to Zhejiang University; otherwise the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China.