Chongqing University President Scholarship for International Students, 2019
Chongqing University President Scholarship is aimed to support outstanding international students to study degree programs or visiting programs (for at least 3 months) at Chongqing University.
l Criteria and Eligibility
– Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and meet admission requirements of Chongqing University.
– Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
– Applicants should abide by the laws and decrees of China and comply with rules and regulations of Chongqing University.
– Applicants may not be recipients of any other scholarships at the same time.
– Applicants should fill out the application form correctly, honestly, completely, and submit application materials as required.
l Scholarship Categories& Coverage
1. Full Scholarship (available to prospective degree students) covers:
– exemption from registration fee and tuition
– free on-campus accommodation or off-campus accommodation subsidy（700 RMB per month）
– living stipend:
2,200RMB per month for doctoral degree student
1,800RMB per month for master’s degree student
1,500RMB per month for bachelor’s degree student
-free comprehensive medical insurance for international students
2. Partial Scholarship (available to prospective degree students and visiting students) covers:
– exemption from registration fee and tuition.
– free comprehensive medical insurance for international students.
l Application Materials
The applicants are required to provide the following application materials in triplicate and post them to the Admissions Office of School of International Education, Chongqing University.
–Application Form. Applicants are required to fill in the application form in Chinese or in English and have the application form printed, pasted with a photo and signed.
–Photocopy of valid passport.
– Original notarized certificate of-highest diploma and transcript.
If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translation in Chinese or English.
– A study or research plan in Chinese or in English.
– Two reference letters in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors (only required for applicants applying for master or doctoral degree program).
– Language proficiency certificate. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs shall submit HSK certificate (HSK4 or above) or other certificates equivalent. Applicants for English-taught programs shall submit English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or English instruction certificate or other certificates equivalent) (not for applicants from English-speaking countries).
– Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are considered invalid.
l Application Deadline
31st May, 2019
l Other Information
– The duration of scholarship is the same as that of the program in Admission Notice and cannot be extended. Students for visiting programs could only be the beneficiaries of this scholarship once.
– Students who study for more than one year shall go through and pass the annual review before they continue to enjoy the scholarship for a second year. Failure to pass the annual review will lead to termination of the scholarship.
– On receipt of the scholarship grant notice, students are required to confirm their acceptance of scholarship with Chongqing University and do the registration on time. Those who provide fake application process, fail to register on time, fail to pass the entrance health check, drop out midway and/or suspend their study will be deprived of scholarship.
-Living stipend is delivered on a monthly basis. Students who are enrolled before the 15th (or on the 15th) of the month are entitled to full amount while those enrolled after the 15th of that month are only entitled to half of the amount.
Postal Address: Room 324, Admission Office, Main Teaching Building, School of International Education, Campus A, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China,
Postal Code: 400044