CTR Biosciences Research Fellowship Program in USA are open apply now. Applications are now being accepted for CTR Biosciences Fellowship Program for the year 2019-2019. Students from Iraq, Jordan, and Lebanon are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The goal of the fellowship is to promote biological safety and security (BS&S) by increasing technical capacity for biological scientists in the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) region and to establish a regional network for sustainable cooperation on laboratory diagnosis and BS&S standards.
Selected fellows will conduct a science fellowship, requiring the fellow to travel for four to six months in duration, to engage in research at a host institution different than their home country beginning no earlier than September 2019.
CTR Biosciences Research Fellowship Program in USA Description
- Applications Deadline: December 7, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for early to mid-career biological scientists working in government ministries, government-operated biological science laboratories, and/or research and diagnostic facilities with experience in laboratory operations, research, and diagnostics from Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon.
- Study Subject: Fellowship focus areas include:
- Dangerous human, animal, and zoonotic infectious diseases
- Pathogens of security concern
- Modern infectious disease diagnostic techniques
- Epidemiological surveillance and reporting of dangerous human and animal infectious diseases
- Application and institutionalization of internationally accepted principles and best practices of BS&S
- Application and institutionalization of One Health principles and approaches
- Detection, diagnosis, and reporting of infectious diseases caused by especially dangerous pathogens and pathogens of security concern.
- Scholarship Award: CBFP will make all necessary travel arrangements and accommodations (travel, lodging, medical insurance and living stipends) for all selected fellows for the duration of the fellowship.
- Nationality: Students from Iraq, Jordan, and Lebanon are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: On behalf of the Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP) of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), the Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) Biosciences Fellowship Program (CBFP) will award up to 12 fellowships to candidates from the three participating countries: Iraq, Jordan, and Lebanon.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the CTR Biosciences Research Fellowship Program in USA
Eligible Countries: Students from Iraq, Jordan, and Lebanon are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science degree to be considered (applicants with a Master of Science or PhD are preferred) and be proficient in the English language for routine professional work.
Early to mid-career biological scientists working in government ministries, government operated biological science laboratories, and/or research and diagnostic facilities in the following countries:
Applicants from universities and private laboratories will be considered on a case-by-case basis
English Language Requirements: English language proficiency, in verbal and written communication, sufficient for routine work is required.
CTR Biosciences Research Fellowship Program in USA Application Procedure
How to Apply: Please submit the application (in Word or PDF format) and required accompanying documents (as outlined in the Program Announcement) to CBFP-at-crdfglobal.org no later than Friday, 7 December 2019 23:59 U.S. Eastern Time (ET).
- Completed Application Form (attached to this announcement)
- Letter of Support (see specific requirements under “Program Details” on page 2)
- Scanned, color copy of current passport
- Current resume or CV