The Dell Scholarship program, an initiative of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, recognizes students who have overcome significant obstacles to pursue their educations. The Dell Scholarship Program places greater emphasis on a student’s determination to succeed than just academic record and test scores. 300 Dell Scholarship are awarded annually of $20,000 amounts to students for full-time study to complete a bachelor’s degree program. Dell Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, and room and board.
Michael and Susan Dell Scholarship established the foundation in 1999. Their vision is to focus on opportunities with the greatest potential to directly and measurably transform the lives of children living in urban poverty.
Dell Scholarship Eligibility:
To be eligible to apply for the Dell Scholars Program scholarship, you must meet the below-listed criteria:
- All applicants must be United States citizens or have an immigration residency status that allows the applicant to qualify for federal financial aid after completing the FAFSA.
- Participating in a Michael & Susan Dell Foundation approved college readiness program (https://www.dellscholars.org/scholarship/college-readiness-programs/) in grades 11 and 12
- Graduating from an accredited high school this academic year
- Earning a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
- Eligible to receive a federal Pell grant in the first year of college
- Planning to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school
How to Apply for Dell Scholarship:
You can “Login” to work on an existing application, or “Register” to start a new application.
Dell Scholarship Supporting Documents:
Semifinalists are asked to submit the following:
- Submit a current copy of their high school transcript,
- Complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from their FAFSA, and
- An online recommendation
Dell Scholarship Award Amount:
Financial support of $20,000, a laptop and textbook credits will be given to the winning candidates. They are also providing ongoing support, assistance to address all of the emotional, lifestyle, and financial challenges that may prevent scholars from completing college.
Dell Scholarship Application Deadline:
January 15, 2019 is the application deadline.
Link for More Information: