Development/Population Studies South Africa PhD Scholarships are open apply now. The School of Built Environment and Development Studies, University of KwaZulu-Natal is inviting applications for two PhD Scholarships for 2019. Scholarships are available for South Africa students.
The purpose of the Chair is to promote and undertake research on economic development.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal or UKZN is a university with five campuses in the province of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. It was formed on 1 January 2004 after the merger between the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville.
Development/Population Studies South Africa PhD Scholarships Description
- Applications Deadline: December 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Proposals on the following broad topic areas are strongly recommended:
- Family dynamics
- Population aging.
- Nationality: Applicants must be South African.
- Number of Scholarships: Two scholarships are available. There are a limited number of PhD Scholarships made available by the DST/NRF South African Research Chair in Economic Development, held by Professor Pranitha Maharaj.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Development/Population Studies South Africa PhD Scholarships
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be South African.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to apply:
- PhD applicants must have a completed Masters Degree at least an upper second or ideally a first for the modules for which they completed (above 70% or equivalent) (preferably, but not limited to the disciplines of Population and Development Studies);
- Applicants are required to be accepted and registered as a full-time PhD student in the discipline of Population and Development Studies;
- Applicants must be South African.
Development/Population Studies South Africa PhD Scholarships Application Procedure
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted via email to Ms Shanaaz Rademeyer (RademeyerS-at-ukzn.ac.za) and Professor Pranitha Maharaj (Maharajp7-at-ukzn.ac.za) with NRF PHD SCHOLARSHIP 2019 in the subject line.
Bursary applications should consist of:
- A letter of motivation;
- A C.V;
- Full academic records;
- The contact details of two academic referees;
- A summary research proposal of 2 pages;