Dorrance Scholarship are open apply now. The Dorrance Family Foundation is providing scholarship support for students who have limited financial resources and who are the first in their family to attend college and complete a four-year degree.
The Dorrance Scholarship is open to Arizona high school graduates pursuing an undergraduate degree at one of Arizona’s public universities. The award is renewable for a total of eight semesters (four years) of funding. Up to thirty awards will be made each year up to $12,000 amount.
The Dorrance Merit Scholarship was established by Jacquie and Bennett Dorrance at the Arizona Community Foundation in June of 1999. The original gift supported 10 Arizona public university students. What is now known as the Dorrance Scholarship Programs supports as many as 150 recipients at Arizona’s three public universities.
The mission of The Dorrance Family Foundation is to improve the quality of life in the community by supporting education and natural resource conservation. The Foundation does this through scholarships, grants, and volunteer service.
Dorrance Scholarship Eligibility:
- Seniors in good standing who will graduate from an accredited Arizona high school and enter the university as college freshmen
- The first generation to attend college (neither parent/step-parent, living or deceased, or legal guardian holds a four-year degree from any country)
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA (weighted or unweighted)
- Minimum combined SAT score of 1040 or composite ACT score of 22 (excluding writing a score in both instances)
- Admitted to one of Arizona’s three residential public universities (Arizona State University-Tempe, Northern Arizona University- Flagstaff, University of Arizona-Tucson)
- Demonstrated financial need (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- Demonstrated leadership and volunteer service
- Agree to participate in all aspects of the scholarship program (See Program At A Glance)… MUST be able to travel internationally
- Signed Scholar Participation Agreement
- Reside on campus freshman and sophomore year
- Participate in the Dorrance Summer Bridge Program in Flagstaff, AZ
How to Apply for Dorrance Scholarship:
For applying the scholarship, you should create a new account by the given link:
Dorrance Scholarship Award Amount:
Up to $12,000 annually and are renewable. No more than 8 semesters (four years) of funding will be provided. Up to thirty awards will be made each year. Awards will be announced no later than May 1st.
Dorrance Scholarship Application Deadline:
Phase 1 deadline is February 8 by 5 p.m. and phase 2 deadline is March 8 by 5 p.m.
Link for More Information: