The School of History and Geography at Dublin City University is now inviting applications from qualified candidates for PhD Scholarships.
DCU is ranked as one of the top 100 universities under 50 as per Times Higher Education. The School of History and Geography is a new school in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Science whose staff possess a strong research track record in Irish and European History, the Historical Geography of Ireland, social and physical Geography and geopolitics.
Dublin City University PhD Scholarship Ireland Description:
- Application Deadline: June 14, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in the field of History and Geography. The university invite applicants willing to undertake PhD research in any area of Irish History, Environmental History, the History of Science and Medicine, Modern European History (particularly the history of Eastern Europe in the nineteenth and twentieth century’s); and Irish urban or rural historical Geography, Irish geomorphology, Irish water resources, remote sensing and geopolitics.
- Scholarship Award: Studentship valued €15,000 (£13,080 converted salary*) plus fee waiver (Total value €21,000 – €27,000 will be awarded.
- Nationality: Studentship is available for Irish Students; UK Students, EU Students, International Students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Dublin, Ireland
Eligibility for the Dublin City University PhD Scholarship Ireland:
Eligible Countries: Studentship is available for Irish Students; UK Students, EU Students, International Students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Successful candidates will be required to apply formally to be admitted as PhD students by the University. They may also need to show proficiency in the English language. Successful candidates will begin their studies in late September 2018 and are expected to be normally resident in Dublin for the duration of the programme.
English Language Requirements: They may also need to show proficiency in the English language.
Application Procedure for Dublin City University PhD Scholarship Ireland:
How to Apply: Following informal consultation with the relevant staff member, applicants should send a full CV with contact details for 2 referees, the grades achieved in their undergraduate, and, where pertinent, their Masters’ degree with copies of transcripts, and a research proposal (c. 2000 words). Candidates should also indicate their prospective supervisor. Applications should be sent, by email, to james.kelly-at-dcu.ie by 14 June 2018.