Durham University is inviting applications for IAS Fellowship Scheme. Fellowships are available for a 3-month period between October 2019 and March 2020.
The IAS aims to build research capacity, realize potential, and meet the challenges of a changing world.
Durham University (legally the University of Durham) is a collegiate public research university in Durham, North East England, with a second campus in Stockton-on-Tees. It was one of the first universities to commence tuition in England for more than 600 years and is one of a number of institutions that has been described as the third-oldest university in England.
Durham University Fellowship in UK 2019 Description:
- Application Deadline: June 8, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Each year, the Institute supports four ambitious interdisciplinary projects tackling major research questions. Fellowship applicants can apply to join Durham colleagues in one of these collaborative teams to develop ground-breaking ideas, explore interdisciplinary synergies and develop new programmes of research. It is advantageous if the interests and proposed activities of applicants complement the 2019/20 research projects sponsored by the IAS.
- Scholarship Award: An IAS Fellowship provides recipients with the opportunity to develop their ideas in a thriving community of researchers, and through engagement with the University’s Departments and Colleges.For the duration of their stay, all Fellows will be provided office space. In addition, all Fellows will be welcomed into a Durham College where they will be offered accommodation (in a one bedroom flat, or similar), and membership of the College’s Senior Common Room.
- The IAS will cover the costs associated with the Fellow travelling to Durham from their home institution (one return fare – economy class) and will provide all Fellows with an honorarium (£3,000 for three months).
- Limited funds exist for teaching buy-outs or contribution to the loss of income. Academics who will not be on research leave/sabbatical leave whilst taking up a Fellowship in Durham are eligible to apply for teaching buy-out costs of up to £8,000 (for the three month period or pro rata for shorter stays). Alternatively, individuals who will experience a loss of income as a result of accepting an IAS Fellowship are eligible to apply for a contribution towards their salary/earnings of the same amount (up to £8,000).
- Nationality: Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: At least twenty visiting IAS Fellows will come to Durham each year to work with its scholars to spark new investigations, set tomorrow’s agenda and participate in a varied programme of activities.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Durham University Fellowship in UK 2019:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply (though preference will be given to International applicants);
- Applicants from any discipline are eligible to apply;
- Applicants may come from an academic or non-academic background (e.g. public intellectuals, artists, writers, filmmakers, journalists, policymakers, politicians);
- Applications should be from researchers or non-academics who have a well-established or strongly emerging international reputation, have made major contributions to their field, and can provide evidence of research leadership and/or public impact. They are expected to have played a significant role in shaping their discipline or field through their outputs, achievements and indicators of esteem;
- Applicants must submit a complete application as described in the Application Procedures. Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted or considered;
- Applicants must agree to the conditions of the IAS Fellowships as described in the Further Particulars.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
Application Procedure for Durham University Fellowship in UK 2019:
How to Apply: The following application materials are required by the deadline 08 June 2019:
- A letter of application;
- A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Two references;
- A Fellowship proposal;