The Einstein Center for Neurosciences Berlin (ECN) is delighted to announce Neurosciences in Berlin – International PhD Fellowships for a competitive 4-year neuroscience program, to start in October 2019.
The proposed instruments to promote young researchers are connected with the approved training-concepts of our partners. The ECN will develop a practitioner-oriented educational program. This multitude of training structures, each with a different focus, offers a fantastic opportunity to establish an interdisciplinary training needed for the success of modern neuroscience. Training the next generation of top ranking scientists is at the heart of our mission.
This Center was founded to provide an umbrella structure to foster interdisciplinary, collaborative research; harmonize and combine the many existing graduate programs in Berlin; and improve international visibility. We want to facilitate further synergies among the different research groups and promote interactions at all levels.
ECN PhD Fellowships in Germany Description
- Applications Deadline: January 7, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The Einstein Center for Neurosciences Berlin offers a great variety of scientific disciplines amongst its researchers. Please, see our list of PIs to learn about the full academic spectrum covered by the Einstein Center! To apply for our program it would be helpful but not mandatory if you would have studied one of the following subjects (alphabetical order):
– cognitive linguistics
– cognitive neuroscience
- Scholarship Award: A scholarship constitutes of 1.468 € per month for PhD students and 800 € per month for fast-track PhD students during their Master´s time (first year). Health insurance has to be subtracted.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for national as well as international scientists.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the ECN PhD Fellowships in Germany
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for national as well as international scientists.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Outstanding candidates with a BSc (or equivalent) degree are eligible for our fast-track PhD program after assessment of their qualification. The formal qualification for a regular PhD Fellowship is an MSc or equivalent degree. For both programs your current studies should be finished in September 2019. However, you’re Bachelor´s or Master´s certificate can be submitted later.
English Language Requirements: You have to provide a proof of proficiency in English, through TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent (see list below). If you are an English native speaker OR the main language of your study program was English you do not need to provide a language test. In order to prove your proficiency in English, the following certificates will be accepted:
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade “B” or higher)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (grade “C” or higher)
- IELTS Academic (6 or higher)
- TOEFL-iBT (score 80 or higher)
- TOEFL-PBT (score 550 or higher)
- CEF (C1 or higher)
- UNIcertF (level III or higher)
How to Apply: Please use our online application platform. Follow the instructions on the platform. At the moment, there is only a desktop version available.
You need to:
- Create a profile
- Once you have a profile, you can start filling in the required information and to upload the required documents (see “What do I need to supply?”)
Only complete applications via this platform can be processed.