EMBL PhD Symposium Travel Grants are open apply now. Australian PhD students in the life sciences are eligible to apply for one of 10 travel grants of $2000 to attend the 20th EMBL PhD Symposium in Heidelberg, Germany, from 22 to 24 November 2018.
A symposium is an annual event, organised by first-year PhD students, it brings together fellow students from around the world for a three-day series of talks by leading experts and by students themselves.
EMBL Australia is passionate about supporting young scientists through their training and into a research career.
EMBL PhD Symposium Travel Grants Description:
- Application Deadline: August 15, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available to PhD students to attend the annual EMBL PhD Symposium in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Study Subject: The grants are open to students in almost any field – biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, informatics, engineering and molecular medicine.
- Scholarship Award: 10 PhD grants are awarded of $2000 to attend the 20th EMBL PhD Symposium.
- Nationality: Grants are open to all scholars.
- Number of Scholarships: 10
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the EMBL PhD Symposium Travel Grants:
Eligible Countries: Grants are open to all scholars.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The grants are open to students in almost any field – biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, informatics, engineering and molecular medicine – who are currently enrolled in a PhD program at an Australian university and have not yet submitted a thesis. Applications will be reviewed and ranked solely on the basis of qualification and scientific potential by the EMBL Australia Travel Grant selection committee.
Application Procedure for EMBL PhD Symposium Travel Grants:
How to Apply: Students must complete this form and ensure a short letter of support is sent by their supervisor to by 15 August 2018.