The University of Waikato is announcing an Entrance Undergraduate International funding for talented students who demonstrate excellent academic achievement and strong potential. The program is open for the academic year 2020-2020.
The aim of The grant is to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization, and support talented onshore international students.
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand with prestigious international rankings. It offers a wide range of qualifications from undergraduate certificates, diplomas, and degrees through to postgraduate research.
Why study at the University of Waikato? At this university, candidates can get lifelong support from the careers center and suitable work experience. They can also get the opportunity to work with Research Institutes and Research Centers to build active chapters across the world.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
Entrance Undergraduate International Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to NZD$10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
Entrance Undergraduate International Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from all over the world are eligible for this application
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato
- Not have paid fees at the time of application
- Be applying to enroll for the first time in an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato
- Have studied in a New Zealand high school, be an international student who has completed Year 13 and who complies with the requirements of Immigration New Zealand (INZ) for the full tenure of the Scholarship
- Gain University Entrance and achieve at least a Merit endorsement at NCEA Level 3, or equivalent
- Not be classified as a domestic student (see clause 6.3.e)
- Have received a Conditional or Unconditional Offer of Place from the University of Waikato
- In the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme of study of at least 120 points.
How to Apply for Entrance Undergraduate International Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand
- How to Apply: Applications for the opportunity
must be received through the online system.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must upload the following as part of their online application:
a) Their conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
b) A personal statement that sets out the following (on the template provided):
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal
- candidate for this Scholarship and an ambassador for the University of
c) A completed Principal’s Assessment form (using the appropriate template provided ).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Where applicants are non-native speakers of English, acceptable evidence of the English language is required.
- Benefits: The university will provide all the following:
- The support will have a value of up to NZD$10,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen program/s of study once their enrolment is completed.
- The tenure of The grant is one year.
- The Scholarship may be taken up in A Semester only, in the year of the award.