The University of Ferrara is inviting applications for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees programme for the year 2019-2019. The training is scheduled for 2 years and awards the joint degree signed by all the partners’ Institutions representatives.
The University of Ferrara is the main university of the city of Ferrara in the Emilia-Romagna region of northern Italy. In the years prior to the First World War the University of Ferrara, with more than 500 students, was the best attended of the free universities in Italy. Today there are approximately 16,000 students enrolled at the University of Ferrara with nearly 400 degrees granted each year. The teaching staff number 600, including 288 researchers. It is organized into 12 Departments.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees Scholarships Description:
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for the Master degree programme in “Quaternary and Prehistory”.
- Scholarship Award: The IMQP consortium will ensure a mobility scholarship to all students enrolled in the
- IMQP master. The compulsory mobility will be performed during the IInd year and will have the duration of 4 and 6 months (based on the student’s specific study track). Additional scholarships may eventually be funded by the IMQP Consortium.
- Only if the IMQP consortium will be awarded by the EACEA under the programme “Key Action 1 – Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EAC/A05/2019)”, scholarships will be distributed, according to the project rules, as follow:
- 4 scholarships for Programme country students – awarded to any masters’ students selected by EMMC consortia and coming from countries participating fully in the Erasmus+ programme. To do so, they set up a National Agency and contribute financially to the programme. The 33 Programme Countries are: the 28 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Turkey. – the number and the amount of the awarded scholarships will depend on the founds provided by the partner institutions;
- 6 scholarships for Partner country students – awarded to master students selected by EMMC consortia who come from the other countries in the world;
- 2 scholarships to students coming from Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia;
- 3 scholarships to students coming from DPR Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam;
- 2 scholarships to students coming from Brazil and Mexico;
- 1 scholarship to students coming from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Cota Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- The amount of the Key Action 1 – Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees grants for partner country students will be of 32.500 € (for the two years) according to the Erasmus + programme and for programme country students will be of 27.500 € (for the two years).
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for students of the programme as well as partner countries.
- Scholarship can be taken in The Master is made is ground on the partnership between the following higher education institutions: Università degli Studi di Ferrara, (Italy) – Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle de Paris (France), Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarrragona (Spain) and Instituto Politécnico de Tomar (Portugal).
Eligibility for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for students of programme as well as partner countries.
Entrance Requirements: The call for applications is open to each graduate student who:
1. Has already obtained one of the higher education degrees listed below, or a foreign higher education degree which is legally equivalent:
A degree obtained after a higher education course of at least three years length, in one of the following disciplines:
history + literature (letters), biological sciences, heritage studies, communication, earth sciences, education, environmental sciences, history, tourism, conservation and restoration, cultural and ethnological anthropology, archaeology, geography, tourism management, education management, natural sciences, geology, ancient history, information studies (techniques and methods).
2. Has knowledge of English or French language at least equivalent to FCE – First Certificate level of Cambridge Certification System for English and to DELF level of French Ministry of National Education for French (B2 level of Council of Europe).
Application Procedure for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees Scholarships:
How to Apply: Along with the application, candidates must upload the documents listed in the application outline, written in English or French (motivation letter, reference letters, CV) or in any language of the EU for the other documents.