ESRC DTP ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships in UK are open apply now. The Midlands Graduate School ESRC DTP is delighted to offer ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships available to students of all nationalities.
The objective of this call is to provide support to those who are within 12 months of completing their PhD, to support them in consolidating their PhD, and preparing them for the next stage of their research careers.
The Midlands Graduate School, led by the University of Warwick, is an accredited Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Doctoral Training Partnership and forms part of the ESRC’s new Doctoral Training Network which significantly widens access for postgraduates to ESRC funding across the UK.
ESRC DTP ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships in UK Description
- Applications Deadline: March 22, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programs.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to in all research areas.
- Scholarship Award: The total cost for each fellowship can include the following:
- Fellow’s salary costs
- Indirect costs
- Estate costs
- Up to a maximum of £10,000 for all other costs (to include costs such as mentoring costs, travel and subsistence, conference attendance, training, and fieldwork, for example).
- Nationality: Fellowships are available to students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Seven fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the ESRC DTP ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships in UK
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available to students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
These fellowships are aimed at those in the immediately postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills.
This opportunity is open to applicants who:
- Have completed or expected to complete their PhD at a research organisation that is part of a DTP or CDT.
- Have either been awarded a PhD by the submission deadline (22 March 2019) or have passed their viva voce with minor amendments by the application deadline of 22 March 2019 and have been awarded their PhD by the fellowship start date of 1 October 2019.
- Have no more than 12 months active postdoctoral experience since passing their viva voce (allowing for career breaks) by the closing date of the competition 22 March 2019.
Permanent members of staff in an academic position with a research component are not eligible for this scheme. If a candidate has previously been employed on a part-time basis, that employment can be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
ESRC DTP ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships in UK Application Procedure
How to Apply: DTPs and CDTs will have their own procedures in place to peer review the proposals and make funding decisions on behalf of ESRC. Where this includes an Expressions of Interest stage, potential applicants must abide by the deadlines specified by the DTP/CDT to which they intend applying.