EuroMarine is calling for fellowship applications targeting EuroMarine PhD students and scholars in their first postdoctoral position, to let them attend an advanced course of their choice.
The primary goals of EuroMarine are to support the identification and initial development of important emerging scientific topics or issues and associated methodologies in marine sciences, as well as to foster new services relevant to the marine scientific community.
EuroMarine is a European marine science network launched in 2014. It represents the merger of the scientific communities of three former European Networks of Excellence: EUR-OCEANS, Marine Genomics Europe and MarBEF.
EuroMarine Individual Research Fellowships Description:
- Application Deadline: April 27, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD and Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: All training courses with topics relevant to the EuroMarine domain, both in Europe and globally (organised by EuroMarine members or external courses). Any type, on-site as well as e-learning/online courses.
- Scholarship Award: A grant of up to €500 to contribute towards covering direct costs related to participation in a training event. Eligible costs are participation fees, and travel & subsistence expenses. If total participation costs exceed the grant amount, successful applicants must cover the additional costs from other sources.
- Nationality: Students from Morocco, Peru, South Africa, Tunisia, or Turkey are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Morocco, Peru, South Africa, Tunisia, or Turkey.
Eligibility for the EuroMarine Individual Research Fellowships :
Eligible Countries: Students from Morocco, Peru, South Africa, Tunisia, or Turkey are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Young scientists: PhD students or individuals undertaking their first post-doctorate contract are eligible for this funding.
- The young scientist must be a student or employee of a EuroMarine full Member Organisation (having committed to pay its 2020 contribution to the EuroMarine budget) or an Invited Member from one of the following countries: Morocco, Peru, South Africa, Tunisia, or Turkey.
- Only one application per individual per call. There is no limit on how many young scientists per organisation can apply but a maximum of three individuals from any one organisation can be awarded grants in any one call round.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for EuroMarine Individual Research Fellowships :
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by email to fellowships-at-euromarinenetwork.eu. All applications will receive a confirmation email acknowledging submission.
- Applicants must write an application letter (no more than 1.5 A4 pages) justifying why they should receive funding to attend their targeted training course. The letter should cover the following aspects:
- How the activity relates to and supports you in your marine research career;
- How your participation is in line with EuroMarine objectives;
- How you will recognise and promote the fact that EuroMarine helped fund your participation; and
- How you will share knowledge with colleagues in your own institution about your experience.
- Applicants must complete and sign a declaration form. Please note:
- Applicants are required to contact their EuroMarine Member Organisation representative to approve their application prior to submission and have their supervisor/manager or EuroMarine Member Organisation representative countersign the declaration. The official EuroMarine Member Organisation representatives and their contact details can be found on: www.euromarinenetwork.eu/documents/euromarine-2020-general-assembly-representatives.
- A scanned copy of the signed declaration form should be attached to the application email.