The European Union Traineeship Program 2019 for the Young Graduates of Pakistan is now open for applications. The duration of the Funded Traineeship for the Young Graduates at the EU Delegation to Pakistan is 6 months. The European Union (EU) has a long tradition of offering paid traineeship opportunities in EU Delegations around the world.
The PTC Section supports the Ambassador in his mandate to promote the EU-Pakistan relations, including coordinating bilateral high-level visits, ensuring EU coordination on political and trade issues and contributing to reporting on political, economic and trade matters, besides managing public diplomacy activities.
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about the work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Pakistan?
European Union Traineeship Program Details:
- European Union to Pakistan
- Starting in July 2019 (or earlier if feasible)
Traineeship in EU Delegations should have the following main objectives:
- To provide trainees with a unique experience about the daily work of an EU Delegation while learning about the representation of the EU interests and values outside of the EU;
- To offer trainees the possibility of discovering directly the multicultural, multilingual and multi-ethnic working environment of a Delegation;
- To offer trainees the possibility of applying the knowledge acquired during their studies or their early professional life;
- To create a group of young people with direct experience in the work of the EU outside of its borders and who could become future collaborators of the EEAS or other EU Institutions;
- A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Trade and Communication (PTC) Section of the EU Delegation to Pakistan.
- Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses
Note: All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
- Pakistani or EU Member State national (or dual national) holding a long term valid resident status in Pakistan
- Young graduates
- Have at least a Bachelor Diploma
- Maximum one year of professional experience – no previous experience in the EU Institutions longer than 6 weeks
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
- Excellent drafting and communication skills in English and Urdu;
- Degree or studies in mass communication or journalism;
- Studies in European Affairs (postgraduate course, thesis, etc.)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply for European Union Traineeship 2019?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-PAKISTAN-INTERNS@eeas.europa.eu
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in an EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PTC
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Deadline is May 31, 2019