The Education Development Center is offering International Business Scholarships for a bachelor’s degree at a Canadian university. The scholarship is available for students enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree at a Canadian university or college.
Export Development Canada (EDC) is a Crown corporation with a mandate to support and develop Canadian capacity to engage in trade and to respond to international business opportunities.
Export Development Canada International Business Scholarships Description:
- Applications Deadline: February 15, 2020
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme at a Canadian university or college.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded for studying business (international business, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, etc.) or business combined with environmental or sustainability courses
- Scholarship Award: Competitive
- Nationality: Canada citizens
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Export Development Canada International Business Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: Canada citizens are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Enrolled in a full-time accredited bachelor’s degree at a Canadian university, college or cégep (please note that we require a post-secondary institution transcript – not high school)
- Studying business (international business, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, etc.) or business combined with environmental or sustainability courses
- Returning to full-time undergraduate studies for the 2020-2020 academic year
- In excellent academic standing at a current university, college
Export Development Canada International Business Scholarships Application Procedure:
How to Apply: Interested applicants must complete the online application on or before February 15, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EST
The following supporting documents are required:
- Letter of intent
Please describe your main areas of interest and your proposed career path highlighting any current or past activities that demonstrate your motivation and potential in international business or in international business with an environmental or sustainability focus. Also include how this scholarship will help you pursue your field of study (Maximum 600 words).
A clear, scanned copy of your official transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions (e.g. university, college, cégep) attended, including the most recent academic term.
Transcripts must include detailed information on the grading system specific to your institution. We reserve the right to request the original, hard-copy transcript.
- Resume must clearly include
- A list of any honours and/or academic awards
- Professional work experience
- Any experience abroad (work, study, internship)
- Volunteer work, extracurricular activities and/or memberships
- Academic or employer reference letter
You must include a reference letter from either a professor/ instructor at your current educational institution or from your employer. The letter must be signed and include the referee’s contact information as we may contact them directly.
Please note the International Business Scholarships application process is hosted on EDC’s recruitment site, so some of the languages are tailored to a job application. Please proceed with your scholarship application.