The new FCSR Fellowship Program offered by Centro San Raffaele Foundation for young scientists to pursue research to study in Italy. Applicants can be of any nationality.
Centro San Raffaele Foundation (FCSR) aims to support research in the genetics of human disease by funding ten 2-year fellowships for young scientists.
The Centro San Raffaele Foundation is a non-profit organization created to support the research of the IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital with the aim of helping the development of science at the service of medicine. Everyday human and financial energy is spent on scientific research and in providing patients with innovative and state-of-the-art technological services and equipment. In order to progress and obtain new successes, which can also benefit future generations, the Centro San Raffaele Foundation supports the Hospital through participation in national and international research tenders and fundraising activities for individuals and companies.
FCSR Research Fellowship Program for Young Scientists in Italy Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 7, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue young scientists to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Applications must include a detailed research plan, agreed with the head of the hosting lab. The proposed research plan should be highly innovative, feasible and internationally competitive. The project should be suited to the applicant’s stage of career and be consistent with the work of one person.
- Scholarship Award: The gross amount of each fellowship is € 25.000 per year. Fellowships have a duration of 2 years. All fellowships will start on by the end of 2018.
- Nationality: Applicants can be of any nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to ten fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the FCSR Research Fellowship Program for Young Scientists in Italy:
Eligible Countries: Applicants can be of any nationality.
Entrance Requirements: At the time of the deadline for submitting the following eligibility criteria must be met:
- Applicants should be younger than 40 at submission deadline;
- Applicants must have a degree in relevant fields. In particular, the degree must be an Italian “Laurea magistralis”, i.e. 5-6 years of the undergraduate degree, or an Italian “Laurea specialistica”, or an equivalent non-Italian degree that would allow access to PhD programs; candidates who only have a “ Laurea breve” are not eligible;
- Applicants can be of any nationality and are not expected to reside in Italy at the time of the submission deadline;
- A maximum of two candidates per hosting unit can apply.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for FCSR Research Fellowship Program for Young Scientists in Italy:
How to Apply: The application form is available on the website.
The filled-out form must be submitted by email. To be considered for review, each application must be accompanied by: –
- Two reference letters
- An acceptance letter signed by the Head of the hosting unit
The above-listed documents must be sent directly by the referees/supervisor. Emails should have “FCSR Fellowships 2018_APPLICANT SURNAME, NAME” as Object. It is the candidate’s responsibility to make sure the reference letters are sent within the deadline. Incomplete applications will be rejected.