The University of Warwick is offering Feuer International Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence. Scholarships are open to home, EU and international applicants.
It is funded by successful Warwick alumnus Jonathan Feuer and was established to create a group of extremely talented, academically brilliant, world-leading young researchers who will go on to have careers in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
The University of Warwick is a plate glass research university in Coventry, England. It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand access to higher education.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Feuer International Scholarships at University of Warwick in UK Description:
- Application Deadline: May 18, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing MPhil/PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- Scholarship Award: The Feuer International Scholarships in AI offer a generous funding package which includes;
Full MPhil/PhD tuition fees for 3 years (home/EU or overseas)
Stipend at RCUK rate plus a top up of £2,000 per annum (£14,777 + £2,000 in 2019/19)
Support for travel, equipment and research
- Number of Scholarships: Two full MPhil/PhD scholarships are available for October 2019 entry.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Feuer International Scholarships at University of Warwick in UK:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to home, EU and international applicants.
- Entrance Requirements: Applications are welcomed from outstanding PhD applicants, and the Feuer International Artificial Intelligence scholarships are open to home, EU and international applicants.
University is looking for students with aspiration as well as intellectual aptitude. You should possess an innovative approach to problem-solving, well developed technical skills, a willingness to work in a cross-disciplinary training and research setting.
It is important that you are open to learning new skills, which might be outside the field of your undergraduate and/or Masters degree. You should have, or be about to graduate with a first class BSc Honours degree or international equivalent. Ideally, you will also possess, or be about to be awarded a Master’s level degree.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for Feuer International Scholarships at University of Warwick in UK:
How to Apply:
The application process is a staged process:
Stage 1. Submit an Expression of Interest via the online application form. You will need a CV and supporting statement (of no more than 1000 words) which can be uploaded to support your application.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that your statement indicates how your background and interests align with the field of Artificial Intelligence, and which areas of Artificial Intelligence you are most interested in pursuing.
Stage 2. After reviewing your stage 1 application submission, you may be invited to submit a full MPhil/PhD application. This will be online via the main Warwick postgraduate application portal.
Stage 3. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to a scholarship interview with the Department and the donor, Jonathan Feuer. This interview may be over video link if you are based overseas.
Stage 4. If you are offered the scholarship, you need to accept your scholarship and your place at Warwick, and successfully complete the enrolment process.
Stage 5. In October 2019 two successful scholars will join the first intake to the Feuer International Scholarships in AI scheme.