Five Masters Fellowships in Computing for International Students in Uganda are open apply now. Applications are invited for Five (5) Masters Fellowships in Computing Tenable at Makerere University in Uganda. These fellowships are available for international students.
The aim of the programme is to build research capacity in innovative Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) for sustainable economic growth in Uganda. Health and education are the two application domains that will be main focus areas.
The BRIGHT project aims at contributing towards sustainable socio-economic growth in Uganda through capacity building in Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) research. Ten (10) PhD students within the areas of digital innovation, software engineering and entrepreneurship will be trained through a research partnership between Makerere University and Mbarara University of Science and Technology, University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology of Sweden. The project is supported by Sida.
Five Masters Fellowships in Computing for International Students in Uganda Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 28, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Computing. Project Title: BRIGHT: Building Research Capacity in Innovative Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) for Sustainable Socio-economic Growth in Uganda.
- Scholarship Award: The grant is expected to provide support for tuition fees, research costs, minor equipment, regional/international conferences, field study, and publications.
- Nationality: These fellowships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Five fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Uganda
Eligibility for the Five Masters Fellowships in Computing for International Students in Uganda
Eligible Countries: These fellowships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have an admission letter to a relevant Master’s program at Makerere University, specifically (Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Systems/Technology)
2. Applicants should preferably have been admitted to a Master’s program within the last two years (i.e., in 2019/18 or 2019/19). Those admitted in 2019/18 should be on a normal academic progress.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Five Masters Fellowships in Computing for International Students in Uganda Application Procedure
How to Apply: The application must be written in English and it must include two separate documents plus a copy of the applicant’s research concept/proposal. Applications will be handled electronically.
The 1st document shall include:
1. A short cover letter with a motivation that describes how the applicant meets the selection criteria (max. one A4 page)
2. Curriculum Vitae.
3. Undergraduate transcript, and Master’s partial testimonial (for those admitted in 2019/18).
4. At least two recommendation letters from persons that are familiar with the applicant’s qualifications.
The 2nd document shall include:
1. A proposal for a research topic including approach and research plan (max. 2 A4 pages),
2. Name(s) of the proposed academic supervisor (optional)
3. Other documents deemed important by the applicant to support their application
1. Detailed information about the application for the fellowship can be obtained from the project website.
2. Submission of application for the fellowship with supporting documents should be via the scholarship submission link. All files should be in PDF format.
3. Application deadline is 28th September 2019 and interviews (where applicable) will be conducted 1st-10th October 2019.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.