Flinn Scholarship are open apply now. The Flinn Foundation is now accepting an application from Arizona high-school seniors for its Flinn Scholarship Program. It enriched educational offerings that expand a Scholar’s life and career options while creating the kind of stimulating, an intellectually challenging environment that students might find at the nation’s most selective colleges.The Flinn Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded annually to 20 Arizona high school seniors. It provides four years of study at an Arizona public university, study abroad, a funded internship, personal mentorship by faculty and alumni Scholars, and other benefits. The total package is valued at more than $115,000
The Flinn Scholarship offers comprehensive financial and programmatic benefits, the latter extending far beyond undergraduate study into Scholars’ personal and professional development after graduation, including the tuition provided by the universities, exceeds $115,000.
The Flinn Foundation is a privately endowed, philanthropic grantmaking organization established in 1965. Its mission is to improve the quality of life in Arizona to benefit future generations.
Flinn Scholarship Eligibility:
To be awarded the Flinn Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a U.S. citizen by the time of entry to the university
- Be an Arizona resident for two years by the time of entry to the university
- Participate and demonstrate leadership in a variety of extracurricular activities
- Attain at least a 3.5 grade-point average (unweighted)
- Rank in the top 5 percent of their graduating class (if the school reports class rank)
- Score a minimum 29 on the ACT (composite score), 1300 on the old SAT I (CR+M), or 1360 on the new SAT I (ERW+M). They do not consider the writing section of the ACT or the essay section of the old SAT
How to Apply forFlinn Scholarship:
Applications for the 2018 Flinn Scholarship will be available in late August 2018.
Flinn Scholarship Award Amount:
The value of the scholarship, including the tuition provided by the universities, exceeds $115,000. The Flinn Scholarship benefits include:
- The full cost of tuition and mandatory fees, plus room and board
- Funding for a three-week summer seminar after the Scholar’s freshman year in China and for at least one additional study-abroad experience
- Funded participation in the Professional-Leadership Internship Program, exclusively for Flinn Scholars, at an Arizona company or organization
- Mentorship from top faculty and exposure to Arizona and global leaders in business, government, science, and the arts
- Fellowship in an extraordinary community of about 80 current and 500 alumni Scholars
- Membership in a university honors college/program, with amenities including small classes, guest lectures, and research experiences
- Intellectual, cultural and social activities developed exclusively for Flinn Scholars by both the Foundation and the universities
Flinn Scholarship Application Deadline:
The completed application must be submitted by October 23, 2018
Link for More Information:
You may send questions about the application process to application-at-flinn.org.