Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards in USA are open apply now. Applications are invited for Fulbright Postdoctoral awards fund at an accredited U.S. institution for a period between three months and one academic year (9 months).
The primary purpose of Brussels College Night is to help secondary school students and families learn about higher education opportunities in the United States.
The Commission for Educational Exchange between the United States of America, Belgium and Luxembourg, located in the Royal Library of Belgium in downtown Brussels, administers the Fulbright Program for Belgium, Luxembourg, and the European Union, and runs an EducationUSA Advising Center.
Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards in USA Description
- Applications Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Course Level: Awards are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programs.
- Study Subject: Fulbright Postdoctoral awards fund Belgian & Luxembourgish citizens to lecture or conduct research at an accredited U.S. institution for a period between three months and one academic year (9 months). Grants are available for study and research in all fields of study, with additional Partner Awards available for study and research in specific fields (e.g., law, STEM). Special programs for language teaching assistants (Dutch, French and German) and secondary school teachers of English also exist. U.S. citizens seeking Fulbright grants for study or research in Belgium or Luxembourg can also obtain information from the Commission.
- Nationality: Available to Belgian & Luxembourgish citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Between 5-10 awards are given to scholars each year, who must present a letter of invitation from an American university or think tank before they are allowed to apply.
- Scholarship can be taken in US Institution
Eligibility for the Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards in USA
Eligible Countries: Available to Belgian & Luxembourgish citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Requirements to apply include:
- Belgian or Luxembourgish citizenship
- Proficiency in English
- Minimum of a doctoral degree (PhD) by time of departure or 5+ years of professional experience
- Academic excellence generally defined as distinction or onderscheiding in each year of study or a grand distinction or grote onderscheiding in the most recent year of study; please note that candidates without these grades are still encouraged to apply if they have outstanding personal or professional backgrounds
English Language Requirements: Applicants’ must have proficiency in English.
Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards in USA Application Procedure
How to Apply: Interested applicants must complete an online application. The application opens on 15 September 2019 and closes at noon on 1 December 2019.
As part of the online application, candidates will be asked to provide the following:
- Biographical information
- Americanized CV
- 3-5 page single-spaced project statement
- 1-3 page bibliography of references relevant to the proposed research
- Transcripts and diplomas from most recent degree. Note: You must have a PhD diploma in hand by time of departure to the U.S.
- 3 letters of recommendation (uploaded directly into the online application)
- Letter(s) of admission or affiliation from a U.S. host institution; this letter should contain the institution’s letterhead and mention the dates (or academic term) of your research stay as well as any facilities you will have access to during your grant.