Applying for university is an exciting experience, but you may be worried certain from some financial issues. To support your education, Swansea University is offering the Fully Funded EPSRC CASE PhD Research Scholarships.
Funded by EPSRC and ARUP Ltd, the program is open for UK and EU students to pursue a PhD degree in Civil engineering or a relevant discipline.
Since 1920, Swansea University has been making a difference as a world-class research-led university in the UK. It has 7 colleges spread across its two campuses. It is listed as one of the top 400 universities in the World University Rankings.
Why at Swansea University? SU offers the right balance of excellent teaching and research, matched by an enviable quality of life. Swansea currently offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses with an excellent reputation for the quality of its student experience.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
Fully Funded EPSRC CASE PhD Research Scholarships at Swansea University Brief Description
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: UK/EU
- The award can be taken in the UK
Fully Funded EPSRC CASE PhD Research Scholarships at Swansea University Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Open to UK/EU candidates only
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD in Civil engineering or relevant discipline- numerical modelling of concrete rheology in deep foundation construction
- Admissible Criteria: Candidates should have or be expected to gain a first or upper second class honours degree (or its equivalent) in civil engineering or a relevant discipline (structural mechanics, solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, finite element, computational fluid dynamics). A master’s degree is an advantage.
- Available resources/facilities: High-performance computing and state-of-the-art concrete lab facilities
How to Apply for Fully Funded EPSRC CASE PhD Research Scholarships at Swansea University
How to Apply: To apply, applicants must complete the College of Engineering PGR application and submit the required documents to Professor Chenfeng Li
- Supporting Documents: The candidates will be required to submit all the following: College of Engineering PGR application, Two-page CV, Degree certificates and transcripts, Cover letter to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project, and Two referees (academic or previous employer) letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Before starting the PhD program, check carefully admission requirements listed by country.
- Language Requirement: All students must demonstrate that they have achieved a certain level of English before starting their program. Swansea would normally expect the academic and English Language requirements to be met by point of application.
Benefits: The award will cover the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,009. There will also be additional funds available for research expenses.