Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarship in Ireland are open apply now. Applications are invited for Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarship at Maynooth University in Ireland. This fellowship is available for international students in which they will receive stipend valued at €16K Scholarship.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide funding for international students to complete their PhDs.
Maynooth University is an internationally recognized institution located 25 kilometers outside of Dublin, Ireland, and is the nation’s fastest-growing university. One of four constituent universities of the National University of Ireland, Maynooth University in 2018 placed in the global top 100 universities under 50 years old in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarship in Ireland Description
- Applications Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study Intersectional Analysis of Gender Equality in Higher Education Institutions. The PhD will be a four-year structured doctoral programme in a social science discipline.
- Scholarship Award: Stipend: €16K Scholarship (€9K stipend + €1K costs + €6K fees).
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarship in Ireland
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The PhD fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis and applicants will be expected to demonstrate both a strong academic background and aptitude for social sciences research.
- Qualifications: Minimum of 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in MA in Sociology, Education, Women’s Studies, Law, Anthropology, Social Policy, Geography or related social sciences discipline
- Required Skills and experience: Knowledge and experience undertaking Intersectional Gender Analysis (ideally in a Higher Education setting), Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Report Writing.
- Desirable skills and experience: Evidence of capacity to undertake independent research, demonstrated the capacity to work as part of a team and strong communication skills.
Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarship in Ireland Application Procedure
How to Apply: Please send a current CV, indicating your research experience and including two academic references, a research proposal (limited to three pages), a letter of intent, and a sample of your writing (essay, chapter from dissertation, article, etc.) to Professor Linda Connolly, Chair of the Maynooth University Athena SWAN Steering Group and Director of the Maynooth University Social Sciences Institute, via email to mussi-at-mu.ie The letter of intent should be limited to two pages and it should outline:
- Reasons for application
- Previous training and research experience
- Interest in area of research