Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme at University of South Africa (UNISA) in Africa are open apply now. The University of South Africa is offering Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme for South Africans. Bursaries are available to enable eligible students to complete a teaching qualification in an area of national priority.
Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme at University of South Africa (UNISA) in Africa Description:
• Application Deadline: November 16, 2020.
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Teaching degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any subjects offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: Funza Lushaka bursaries cover most of the recipient’s essential expenses. Expenses may cover include tuition, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
• Number of Scholarships: Number not given.
• Nationality: The scholarship is available for South African citizens.
• Scholarship can be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme at University of South Africa (UNISA) in Africa:
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for South African citizens.
• Entrance Requirements:
• The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
• Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
• Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into either BEd or PGCE qualification at an at an accredited public University. The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
• The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialization in the teaching qualification.
• The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
• The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges and personal integrity
Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme at University of South Africa (UNISA) in Africa Application Procedure:
How to Apply:
• Applications must only be made once students have been allocated a valid student number and have been accepted/provisionally accepted at their university of choice.
• After your application has been completed online, you will be prompted to make a printout. This will serve as proof of your application. Keep a copy for yourself, and submit a copy to the university where you have been accepted and where you will be registering.
• The copy submitted to the university must be accompanied by:
? A certified copy of your ID.
? A certified copy of your academic results. For 1st year students coming out of Grade 12, this will be a certified copy of your Grade 12 result notification or Grade 12 certificate. For students already at university, this will be a certified copy of your academic transcript, which must include results for 2020 or your last year of study at university.
• If these documents are not submitted to the Coordinator at the university, your application will not be considered during the bursary selection process.
• Please ensure that all information that you capture is accurate, and that priority areas that you capture are the ones you will specialize in. The academic year of study refers to the level you are studying e.g. BEd 1 = 1st year, B Ed 3 = 3rd year.
• Please note that you have access to your online bursary application to “Update personal details” or make changes to your application before applications close.
• Students who change institutions after submitting their bursary application forms will not be considered for selection.