FWO Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship in Belgium are open apply now. The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is offering Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship starting in October 1, 2019 or November 1, 2019 (at the choice of the candidate).
The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career.
The FWO supports fundamental and strategic scientific research, stimulates international cooperation and promotes equal opportunity. A complete overview of all possible financing resources can be found at “Fellowships and Financing”.
FWO Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship in Belgium Description
- Applications Deadline: December 3, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Salary scale: minimum € 4,053.81 – maximum € 6,319.49.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for Belgium citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the FWO Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship in Belgium
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for Belgium citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship if your PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before October, 1 of the year in which the fellowship would start, or will be obtained at Jun 1 of that year at the latest
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You can always apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship if you have previously enjoyed a junior postdoctoral fellowship. In that case, the senior postdoctoral fellowship must immediately follow the junior postdoctoral fellowship.
- You can also apply if you have not had a postdoctoral fellowship from the FWO before. In that case, you must prove that you have a postdoctoral research experience of minimum 2 years on the first of October of the year in which the fellowship commences. (declaration by the Flemish host intuition)
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Transitional measures (if you already applied for a postdoc at FWO earlier)
FWO Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship in Belgium Application Procedure
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.