GATE 2019 Application Form Correction is going on. This year, the exam is managed by the IIT, Madras. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level examination. It is conducted to offer admission into M.Tech/M.Sc in engineering/ technology/ architecture and P.hD in relevant branches of science. Through this article, candidates can get complete information about GATE 2019 including application submission, edit application, eligibility, exam centers, pattern, preparation tips, marks/score, answer keys, result, scorecard, etc.
GATE 2019 Exam Dates
Here, we have updated official schedule & GATE exam dates:
|GATE 2019 Online Application Form Opens||1st September 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||22nd September 2019|
|Application correction||27th September 2019|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||1st October 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||16th November 2019|
|Mock Test Release||3rd week of November 2019|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||4th January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||2nd & 3rd February (9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon) and 9th & 10th February 2019 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
|Answer Key Release||Within a few days after the examination|
|Announcement of Results||16th March 2019|
|Score Card Release||20th March to 31st May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of April 2019|
GATE Application Correction 2019
Candidates must fill application carefully, the correction will not be allowed in any fields except exam city center. Other details about GATE Application correction 2019 are given below:
- Correction in Name, DOB, personal & academic details can be done from 27th September 2019.
- The official authority may send the mail to the candidate’s registered email Id regarding status of the application and defects in the application form.
- Candidates have to immediately rectify the identified defects within a stipulated time period.
- Failing to rectify the defects within a stipulated time period will lead to the rejection of the application form.
New Changes Introduced this Year
There are some major changes has been done for the GATE 2019 examination, which is mentioned below:
- The GATE 2019 examination will be conducted for a total of 24 papers. A new paper Statistics (Code – ST) has been added.
- Students will also get an opportunity to submit the application form after the due date.
- IIT, Madras is the conducting authority of GATE 2019 examination.
GATE Official Help Desk Details:
The official website of GATE is gate.iitm.ac.in. Get GATE official help desk details for further inquiry:
Organizing Chairman, GATE 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Chennai-600036, Tamil nadu
Contact Number: 044-22578200
E-mail ID: [email protected]
GATE Exam Pattern
GATE exam pattern 2019 complete information is mentioned here:
- Papers: GATE examination will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers.
- Date: It is conducting on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
- Exam Mode: It will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: In the examination, MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
- Attempt: Candidates can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
- Session: Examination will be held in two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- The validity of Score Card: GATE 2019 score card will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of result.
- Duration: Exam duration will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: It is compulsory to attempt General Aptitude (GA) section.
GATE Papers Marking Scheme:
|Pattern of Questions||Marks Allotted||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||1 or 2 marks||For 1 mark question, 1/3 marks will be deducted.|
For 2 marks question, 2/3 mark will be deducted.
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||1 or 2 marks||No negative marking|
GATE Papers Marks & Questions Distribution:
|Sections||Number of Questions & Marks||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude (GA)||5 Question carrying 1- mark each & 5 question carrying 2-marks each.||10||15|
|Question Papers other than GG, XE and XL||25 questions carrying 1-mark each & 30 questions carrying 2-marks each.||55||85|
|Question Paper GG (Geology and Geophysics)||PART A (Compulsory)||PART B||55||85|
|25 questions carrying 1-mark each.||Section 1 (Geology) & Section 2 (Geophysics) (Attempt Any One):|
30 questions carrying 2-marks each.
|XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)||Section A Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory):||Sections B to H: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|7 questions carrying 1-mark each & 4 questions carrying 2-marks each.||9 questions carrying 1-mark each & 13 questions carrying 2-marks.|
|XL Paper (Life Sciences)||Section P Chemistry (Compulsory):||Sections Q to U: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|5 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.||10 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.|
GATE Syllabus 2019
GATE syllabus 2019 for each of the papers is different. GATE exam will be organized for 24 papers/subjects. The syllabus has been released by the conducting authority separately for each paper in a PDF format. These papers & detailed syllabus are:
- Statistics (ST): Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
- General Aptitude (GA): Verbal Ability & Numerical Ability.
- Aerospace Engineering (AE): Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG): Engineering Mathematics, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Construction and Management, Building and Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, etc.
- Biotechnology (BT): Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Engineering Mathematics, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization, and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, etc.
- Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.
- Electrical Engineering (EE): Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Ecology and Evolution (EY): Ecology, Evolution, Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, etc.
- Geology and Geophysics (GG): Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc), Geology & Geophysics.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, etc.
- Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, etc.
- Mining Engineering (MN): Engineering Mathematics, Mine Development and Surveying, Geomechanics and Ground Control, etc.
- Metallurgical Engineering (MT): Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, etc.
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PI): Engineering Mathematics, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF): Engineering Mathematics, Textile Fibers, Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties, etc.
- Engineering Mathematics (XE-A), Fluid Mechanics (XE-B), Materials Science (XE-C), Solid Mechanics (XE-D), Thermodynamics (XE-E), Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F), Food Technology (XE-G), Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H).
- Chemistry (XL-P), Biochemistry (XL-Q), Botany (XL-R), Microbiology (XL-S), Zoology (XL-T) & Food Technology (XL-U).
GATE Preparation Tips
During GATE exam preparation, it is necessary to know some tips & tricks to crack the examination:
- Good understanding of the basic concepts, exam pattern & syllabus.
- Try to solve past years question paper & sample papers.
- Choose the best study material & GATE Preparation books for GATE exam.
- Make a strategy & timetable, instead of jumping straight to more complex topics.
- Avoid distractions & take care of your health.
- Solve online mock tests & revise the topics in each day difference.
GATE 2019 Admit Card
In this section, we are providing details about GATE admit card 2019 releasing date, mode & other details:
- Candidates will get admit card through online mode by entering their enrollment ID/email address & password.
- There will be no facility to send admit cards by post or email to the candidates.
- Downloading of GATE Hall Ticket 2019 will be started from 4th January 2019.
- Before examination start, biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) will be captured for randomly selected candidates.
- On the day of the examination, candidates must bring original ID proof (specified in application) along with admit card.
- Candidates should download admit card in color print.
GATE 2019 Cut Off
The cut off marks will be released after the result announcement for GATE admission. Check here details about GATE cut off 2019 including releasing mode, date, last year cut off, etc.
- It is the minimum marks which candidates have to obtain in the examination to get admission into various PG & other courses.
- Cut off will be published through online mode according to the categories & papers.
- Below, we have updated previous year qualifying cut off marks:
|Papers||Cut Off 2019||Expected (2019)||Cut Off 2019||Expected (2019)||Cut Off 2019||Expected (2019)|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||44.3||43-48||39.8||37-42||29.5||27-32|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||32.87||30-35||29||27-32||21||19-24|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||28.7||26-31||25.8||23-28||19.1||17-22|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||25.2||24-29||25.2||23-28||16.7||14-19|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||25||23-28||22.5||21-26||16.6||14-19|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||22.5||21-26||22.5||21-26||16.6||14-19|
GATE 2019 Registration
Candidates can check this section to know complete details about the GATE application form 2019:
- Candidates can register & fill application only through online mode on the official website.
- GATE 2019 application form has been started from 1st September 2019 to 1st October 2019.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images such as photograph (Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm) and signature (Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm).
- Candidates also have to upload certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate and/or Dyslexic certificate (if applicable).
- At the time of GATE registration 2019, candidates can choose three exam cities as examination centres.
- Candidates also have to fill ID number specified in any of the following, i.e. Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, Passport, PAN Card & Voter ID.
- Any changes after the submission of application form is not permitted.
- There is no need to send any hard copy of application/documents to the officials.
- Candidates should take a print copy of GATE application form 2019 for further references.
How to Fill GATE 2019 Application Form
GATE 2019 Application Form can be filled till 1st October 2019. The candidates wishing to take admission in IITs/IISc or other institutes for the M.Tech./Ph.D programme can register for GATE examination. GATE 2019 examination is organized by IIT, Madras. It is a national level entrance test. In this page, candidates can check step-by-step procedure for How to fill GATE 2019 Application Form
Step-1: Online Registration
Step-1.1: Visit Official Portal of GOAPS
- Access the official link of GOAPS.
- Click on “Register Here” link.
- Enter registration details like name of candidate, valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password (enter strong password of your choice).
- Due to last minute rush, the mandatory verification of email and mobile number(before submitting the GATE application form) is relaxed.
- Then, click on submit button.
Step-1.2: Note down your GOAPS Enrollment ID
- After the successful registration, candidates will receive GOAPS Enrollment ID on their registered email ID & mobile number.
- Keep this enrollment ID safe as it will be required for future logins at the time of downloading of admit card, result and score card.
Step-2: Fill the Application
- Now, candidates have to login with Enrollment ID/Email Address & Password.
- Then, click on submit button.
- Now, click on “Start GATE 2019 Application Form”.
Step-2.2: Fill Details
Choose Exam Centres: Students can choose maximum three test centres for taking the examination.
Enter Personal Details: Candidates have to enter their personal details including name, date of birth, gender, nationality, ID proof etc.
Enter Photo ID details: Candidates have to enter the specified number mentioned in their identification card (any one of Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee identification or and Driving License)
Enter Academic Details: Candidates need to fill their qualification details of degree examination.
Enter your Address: Candidates have to enter their complete address including Pin Code for future communication.
Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents
Candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of degree certificate, category certificate (if applicable), Photograph, Signature & PwD Certificate (if applicable) in the given mentioned specifications:
- Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on A4 size white paper.
- Now, sign using black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- The height or width of the signature should be at least 80% of the respective height or width of the rectangular box.
- Scan the rectangular box containing your signature and save it in JPEG format.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.
- Only color photograph taken after 1 August 2019 will be accepted.
- The photograph should be taken with light or white background.
- 35% area of photograph should be covered with candidate’ s face.
- The image should be captured in a standard of 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) in JPEG format.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel).
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 240 × 320.
- Mention the source of GATE 2019 information.
- You can view your filled-in application by clicking on save and view application.
- Or you can direct submit and proceed to payment.
Step-5: Fee Payment
The application fee for Male (General/OBC) and Other candidates is Rs. 1500/- and for SC/ST/Pwd and Women (All Categories) it is Rs. 750/- . The International Students have to pay USD 50 against the application fee. The fee can be paid using net banking, debit card, Credit card, and other online wallets/cash cards.
Note: On the successful submission of fee, a “Fee Payment Number” will be generated. Keep this number safe as it is required before the final submission of application form.
Points to be Remember:
- Before payment, candidates will be shown a ‘preview’ of application. Here, candidates can review and check the application for any errors.
- After clicking on “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no changes will be allowed at later stages.
- There is no need to send the print-out of filled-in application form to the GATE office.
- The application fee can be deposited through online mode by using either net banking or debit card or credit card.
- The fee will be non-refundable & non-transferable.
- The fee details are given below in the table:
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500 (22nd Sep to 1st Oct 2019)|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20 (22nd Sep to 1st Oct 2019)|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Before application filling, candidates should ensure that they meet GATE eligibility criteria. Check below complete eligibility:
- Indian & Foreign National candidates are eligible to apply.
- There will be no age limit criteria to apply.
|Qualifying Exam||Description about Qualifying Exam||Description of Eligible Candidates||Passing Year|
|B.Tech/BE/B.Pharm||4 years Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology after 10+2 examination.|
3 years Bachelor’s degree holders after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Arch||5 years Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/BS||Bachelor’s degree in Science after Post diploma.|
4 years Bachelor’s degree in Science after 10+2.
|Currently in the 4th year or already completed.||2019|
|M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||4 years Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4thyear or already completed.||2021|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5 years Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed.||2020|
|Integrated M.Sc/Integrate BS-MS||Integrated M.Sc.|
5 years Integrated BS-MS programme.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/B.Tech/B.Arch)||BE/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (example: AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses.||NA|
Note: Candidates, those completed/appearing their qualifying exam from countries other than India, they must complete or in the final year of their 4 years bachelors degree in engineering/technology or 2 years masters degree in any relevant subjects in science.
GATE 2019 Answer Key
The answer keys for various papers will be published after a few days of the examination. Candidates will check it through online mode on the website.
GATE Answer Key will be released on different dates as per papers. Candidates should submit their objection on the answer keys within a given time period against a payment.
GATE Result 2019
Through this section, candidates can get information about result & scorecard including date, mode, etc.
- Candidates will check GATE 2019 result on 16th March 2019.
- The result will be declared only through online mode.
- It can be viewed by entering enrollment number/registration number & date of birth.
- No result/rank will be sent through offline mode or any other mode.
GATE 2019 Score Card
The scorecard will be made available only to qualified candidates. It will be released after result declaration.
- GATE score card 2019 will be valid for three years after the announcement of the result.
- Candidates should download their scorecard from 20th March to 31st March 2019.
- If candidates require a soft copy of it after the last date, they have to pay Rs. 500 for obtaining the same till last week of December 2019.
GATE Counselling 2019
Here candidates can check the GATE 2019 counselling 2019 details:
- No centralized counselling will be organized by the authority for admission to PG courses.
- Candidates have to apply separately for each IIT.
- CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan admissions) will be conducted for admission to all NITs & several other centrally funded Institutions.
- GATE 2019 Counselling will be started in the month of April 2019 through online mode.
- Candidates, those have a valid GATE 2019/2019/2019 scorecard, they can apply for counselling.
- At the time of counselling registration, candidates have to fill choices of colleges & courses as per their preferences.
- Allotment of the seat will be done on the basis of rank, filled choices, category, availability of seats, etc.