“Seismic Hazard and Risk Dynamics” invites applications for a PhD Position “Modelling of crustal stress”. The PhD position is part of the BMWi project SpannEnD “Spannungsfeld Endlager Deutschland” with the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT and the TU Darmstadt as partners where two complementary PhD positions will start as well.
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national research centre for Earth sciences in Germany. With 1260 employees, the GFZ is conducting interdisciplinary research on the “System Earth” and the influence of humans on the planet. As a member of the Helmholtz Association, it is part of Germany’s largest science organization.
GFZ PhD Position Modelling of Crustal Stress in Germany Description:
- Applications Deadline: 23rd July 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Modelling of crustal stress
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: The pay scale grouping will be into pay group EG 13 TVöD-Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost) provided that all tariff related, professional and personal requirements are met.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the GFZ PhD Position Modelling of Crustal Stress in Germany:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Geophysics or Physics (or equivalent) is mandatory
- experience in numerical simulation tools and programming skills (e.g. Python or C/C++) are of advantage
- business fluent in German and fluent in English is essential
English Language Requirements: Business fluent in German and fluent in English is essential
Application Procedure for GFZ PhD Position Modelling of Crustal Stress in Germany:
How to Apply: To start your application, you need to register as an applicant. If you are already registered please use the login form.
Your proposal should be linked to one of the program topics within the GFZs research environment. You need at least the support of two GFZ sections ensuring interdisciplinary of your proposed research. The proposal (max. 6 pages) focusing on innovation and interdisciplinary is the core of your application. It is complemented by a CV (max. 2 pages) and letters of support of at least two section heads from GFZ.