Ghent University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Arabic Historiography in Belgium are open apply now. The Ghent University is offering one full-time post-doctoral fellowship in the fields of 15th-century Arabic sociolinguistics and/or historiography. Fellowship is available for International students.
The Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Ghent University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Arabic Historiography in Belgium Description
- Applications Deadline: November 15, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to the postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the fields of 15th-century Arabic sociolinguistics and/or historiography.
- Scholarship Award: The university offers a full-time contract as a postdoctoral fellow (max. 36 months), starting on 1 January 2020, or as soon as possible after this date. The starting salary is minimum 2.300 euro net on a full-time basis.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Ghent University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Arabic Historiography in Belgium
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate should have a PhD in the fields of Arabic, Islamic Studies, (Middle East) History, Arabic Literature, Arabic Linguistics, or equivalent
- The candidate should have a promising track record in a field of research that is relevant for the MMS-II project, as demonstrated by relevant papers, publications, conference participation, PhD dissertation, reviews, committee comments,…
- The candidate should have a strong interest in the study of late medieval historiography and Arabic socio-linguistics, at the crossroads of socio-political history and cultural studies.
- The candidate should have experience with computational analysis and digital Islamic humanities more in general
- The candidate should be able to work independently and at the same time be a team player.
- The candidate has not worked, lived or studied in Belgium for more than 24 months in the last 36 months.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Ghent University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Arabic Historiography in Belgium Application Procedure
How to Apply: Please send us
- Your CV;
- A cover letter with a short motivation and a statement of interest;
- A research proposal (3 pages) presenting a relevant research project and a research plan (along with the lines of the research agenda defined in the job description above);
- The names and details of three referees (no reference letters !).
Applications can be submitted by email to mamluk-at-ugent.be only; the four components of the application (CV, letter, proposal, names of referees) should be combined in one PDF file.