The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship(Gilman Scholarship) Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs named by Gilman Scholarship. Undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions) can apply for the Gilman Scholarship. Gilman Scholarship enables American students to gain proficiency in diverse languages and cultures, skills that are critically important to their academic and career development. Over 2,900 scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded this academic year for U.S. citizen undergraduates to study or intern abroad on Gilman Scholarship.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations.
All Gilman Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions)
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that he/she will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of his/her study abroad program or internship
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program of at least two weeks for community college students and three weeks for students from four-year institutions, in a single country and eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement
- Be proposing to study in a country not currently under a Travel Warning issued by the United States Department of State or otherwise determined ineligible for program participation.
How to Apply for Gilman Scholarship:
You can apply for Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship through the given link: https://gilmanapplication.iie.org/
Supporting Documents for Gilman Scholarship:
- Current University Transcript: One copy of your official undergraduate transcript from your current college or university.
- Transfer University Transcript(s): One copy of your undergraduate transcripts (either official or unofficial) from any previous institution you have attended listed in your application.
Gilman Scholarship Financial Aid and Award Money:
Over 2,900 scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded this academic year for U.S. citizen undergraduates to study or intern abroad. Award checks are sent approximately 2-3 weeks after your award documentation is complete.
Application Deadline of Gilman Scholarship:
The Fall 2019 application cycle is for programs beginning between July 15 and October 15, 2019.
Link for More Information: