Applications are invited for Google Africa Scholarship Program open to individuals who are at the time of entry are at least 18 years of age on the date of entry. African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Udacity, Inc. provides a program under which it grants scholarships to students who apply for sponsorship of fees for Udacity programs (“Scholarship Program”). Udacity shall provide fully-funded sponsorship (“Scholarships”).
Udacity mission is to bring accessible, affordable, engaging, and highly effective higher education to the world. They believe that higher education is a basic human right, and we seek to empower our students to advance their education and careers.
Google Africa Scholarships Description:
- Application Deadline: April 24, 2020
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to aspiring developers. Scholarships are available to pursue Android or Web Development Nanodegree programs.
- Study Subject: The scholarship program is structured in two parts:
- Phase 1: 15,000 Challenge Scholarships
The first phase of this scholarship provides 2-months of access to a curated path of custom Udacity courses tailored to your skill level. We’ve hand-picked our best resources for learning web or Android development and arranged them in a learning path that only scholarship students have access to.
- Phase 2: 500 Full Nanodegree Scholarships
The top 500 students from the first phase of the scholarship program earn an additional 6-month scholarship to one of four Nanodegree Programs: Front-End Web Developer, Mobile Web Specialist, Android Basics Nanodegree or Android Developer. Access to these Nanodegree programs includes expert project reviews, mentorship, and community support.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship program is structured in two parts: Phase 1: 15,000 Challenge Scholarships, Phase 2: 500 Full Nanodegree Scholarships.
- Nationality: African students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Google Africa Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The Scholarship opportunity is only open to individuals who are:
- At the time of entry are at least 18 years of age on the date of entry; and
- Residents of any jurisdiction from any country in Africa that does not otherwise ban participation in the Contest or where Udacity is otherwise unable to provide its services by applicable laws (“Participants”).
Employees and officers of Sponsor, the parties’ advertising and promotion agencies, and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Contest and their immediate families (“Promotion Parties”) are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Void where else restricted or prohibited by law. Participants’ rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction.
Potential Winners will be required to sign, notarize, and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. Failure to comply with such requirements within the time period stipulated by Sponsor may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Google Africa Scholarships:
How to Apply: At any time during the Contest Period, access the Scholarship application from https://www.udacity.com/google-africa-scholarships and complete the application in full prior to the end of the Application Period.